Chapter 8 - What Makes Us Tick

ROBIN'S POV
What makes him tick? I know what makes me tick. I have a strong grasp on who I am. As did all others at Elysian High. All except little Pepper, who seemed to always look like a lost puppy. I simply had to find what made him tick. I thought up an idea that I had a lot of confidence in. Then again other attempts had already proven this task difficult. As I said I knew what made me tick. Maybe I could use that to figure him out.

We were flying quickly through the invisible streets, where everyone flew instead of walking. Me being very much used to it had been quite amused at Pepper's reaction, it only being his second time in the sky. It hadn't been that spectacular to me in a long time. A thing that I still find incredibly annoying is how closely my brain examines things. At first glance in the sunlit flying streets, you would see previously unimaginable freedom. Powers dreamed of getting from the moment you can understand human speech being normalized in a modern society.

Then you take a second glance. Often no one does, but I always have. I see people with wings. These beautiful bundles of feathers insinuating the ability to go anywhere. Yet, why is everyone flying in straight lines? Oh yes, to keep order. Cause heaven forbid you get ran over by that invisable truck rolling down that invisable street. Forget the fact that trucks are used on the ground far, far below, for purposes that wing stuck to humans alone can't do. Might as well not even bother flying on the sky paths, because they aren't faster at all. It looks like freedom, but you have no more freedom then you did when you were young and wingless.

I don't always like that I take these second glances, and see past exterior, but at the moment I would have given anything to be able to do so. No matter how many times I looked a Pepper all I saw was a small fragile little boy. I knew he had a sad demeanor and aura about him, but that isn't hard to tell. I had already had to stop the bullies, so it wasn't like I didn't know his life wasn't all great. Of course I never could've imagined to what extent. I could never make true eye contact to see how bad it was. To see how deeply saddened the boy was.

Though these depressing thoughts were floating through my mind, I could not focus on them completely. A smile couldn't help but play on my lips as little bright eyes in my arms was looking around in awe as if it were his first time flying again. I still remember how amazed he was at the photokinetic's street lights.

We soon made it to my house, and I proceeded to quickly urge him in the door and up the stairs. We did manage to avoid my mom who was most likely at the store, as it's hard to avoid her otherwise. When we made it to my bedroom door I froze right in my tracks when I heard a high pitched girly voice behind me.

"Who's this?" The little girl asked, gesturing to Pepper with a smirk. I let out a small huff and introduced them. "This is Azura but everyone calls her Blue, and Azzy this is Pepper, a friend of mine." Pepper tilted his head to the side a bit making his curly hair fall to one side. He smiled a small, sweet smile, and raised his hand to wave at her. "Oh, so you're Robin's sister. It's nice to meat you," he said quietly.

She smiled for a second then her face turned to one of slight confusion."How old are you?" She asked lightly. Her tone of voice wasn't mocking or annoying, simply curious. Still it made him turn a light red and hang his head slightly."16," he mumbled quietly. Blue did mind her manners of course, being a very good young girl and simply said, "Cool, I'm only 10." He looked up slowly, when something seemed to catch his eye. Let's just say I was very surprised by what happened next.

Hey! I am finally back from the hell whole that is electronic arrest. AREN'T YOU JUST DIYING TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! Well if you are lucky for you I'm posting again tommarow most likely more then once! I was so happy to finnaly be able to show this deep into Robin's mind. His deep thoughts are actually based on my own personal psychotic thoughts. Just sitting here thinking you know if I wanted to I could just say f*** it and run out of the house with my phone and never look back. Of course that would never happen cause i'd run out of breath in like 10 seconds. Anyways.... AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING!!! BBYYYEEE!!!!