Chapter 25 - A Surprise Party?

Hey I went back and changed Kassi to Cass just FYI
ROBIN'S POV

A surprise party? They were trying to throw me a surprise party? The literally least sneaky people In the world. I could hear them yelling excitedly about it from my room... with the music playing! I couldn't help but laugh at the two little dumbeys, but the thought was sweet I guess. I wasn't going to ruin it for them. So I acted as if I didn't notice Blue shout-whisper, "Act natural!" As soon as I started down the stairs. Nor did I say a thing about the odd pose Pepper struck and the 'really' look Blue gave him.

Friday after school was when the whispering started. It was litteraly two days until my birthday and Mom wasn't going to make it home because she was out of town at her friends funeral and stuck there because of snowstorm delays, so my little party planners were always scrambling around and disappearing for hours at a time, trying to get a party together. I think Dad was in on it too, but he works a lot, but when he was home in the mornings he acted suspitious too. It was honestly hilarious.

On the second morning of this, Pepper came up to me while fiddling with his fingers. He stood in thought for a second before saying 'completely unsuspitiously',"I like cake." I chuckled a bit. "I know you do," I replied with a smile. He blushed a bit. "Do you like cake?" He asked. I nodded my head yes. "Sure, sometimes."

He thought for a moment again. "My favorite kind of cake is strawberry shortcake," he said with a small fake smile. "I know." I laughed. "Um, what's yours?" He began fiddling with his fingers again.

"White Angel foodcake with white vanilla frosting," I said, figuring I should just make it easy for them to get the box mix for that. He nodded, smiled, and ran away without saying another word. Honestly they were making it difficult to pretend like I didn't notice anything.

PEPPER'S POV

'He has no idea!' I thought to myself as I made my way to Blue to deliver the information. I felt like a ninja or a secret agent.

"Did you get it?! Did you get it?!," she whisper-yelled excitedly. "Yep. And he has no idea." I said proudly. We high fived and left the house with Mr. Rightout to get the ingredients.

We didn't want to do box mix because it's less special, so we got the many ingredients to make the super difficult to do homemade cake. Difficulty didn't matter to us. I hid the supplies in the pantry when we got home. Mr. Rightout had to go to work for the night at that point, (since we took so much time at the store getting the perfect presents) so we were going to get up late at night when he came back, to make the cake.

Meanwhile, Blue and I needed to plan what we would be doing at the party. "Robins here. We can't plan it now, he could hear us," Blue said while we slumped onto the couch. Conveniently, just as she said that, Robin came down the stairs shouting that he was going to pick up takeout for us and flew out the door.

"Well, this is the perfect chance to plan. We already invited everyone, we have food sorted, and we chose blue and silver decorations. All we need now is to figure out what to do at the party and how to get Robin there," Blue said. I nodded quickly. "We can play games like Pictionary. It is just old people from your family, Cass, and Cooper right?" I said with a smile. I had learned how to play Pictionary just the other day. "Yeah I guess. Now how can we keep him out of the house while we set up?" She asked.

"Mr. Tom and I could bring him to that new Musical History Museum that just opened in town. He's been talking about it non-stop since the 'coming soon' posters went up," I suggested. It was true. He had been wanting to go really bad.

"Well that's settled," Blue said and we proceeded to watch T.V until Robin came back.

ROBIN'S POV

Sunday morning I was woken up by Pepper jumping on top of me. What a wonderful thing to wake up to. He smiled at me deviously and I returned the look while holding him down and tickling the living daylights out of him.

"Break- ha fast- ha ha- is read- y- y," he breathed out between laughs. I laughed maniacally as I grabbed him up and carried him with me down stairs.

They practically shoved pancakes down my throat and back upstairs to get dressed. When everyone was ready, Me, Pepper, and my dad went out to the car. Pepper couldn't sit still the entire ride to wherever we were going.

I smiled widely when I saw the museum they had brought me to as a distraction. The place was huge. I was instantly intrigued by all the instruments. Strange drums and oddly strung pieces of wood were everywhere in the ancient devision. I was moving through it with so much speed and curiosity, it took me a little while to notice Pepper's shorter legs struggling to keep up with me and my dad.

I ran back to where he was, struggling to make it through all the tall adults with big wings. I quickly made it to my struggling sweetheart and bent over so he could climb on my back. His body pressed against my wings, wrapped his arms around my neck, and gripped my side's with his legs.

"Thanks," he whispered embarisingly into my ear. I couldn't see him but I could practically feel his face radiating heat.

We wandered about the museum for a couple of hours until finnaly it was time to go to the party. I knew this as I saw my dad check a messege on his phone and then instantly say, "Well I reckon it's about time to go home."

I had been practicing my surprise face all Saturday, but when I opened that door I didn't even need a fake one. I opened the door to find confetti canons and more glitter than Coachella to accompany the loud screaming of, "SUPRISE!!." How on earth did they pull this off. I was expecting some cheap decorations and some party hats. Cheerio level confetti canons! Really! (A/N that's a Glee reference if you don't get it)

HI GUYS, IT'S KASSI. Sorry it keeps taking so long to post. I hate to say this but unless demand is really high which I doubt, I'm ending this next chapter. I have the perfect ending picked out (and I have for a while) and I hoped you liked the chapter because I made it funny. AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING! STAY SAFE WATCH THE MAGPIES! BBYYYEEE!!!