Chapter 24 - EXTRA LONG DATE CHAPTER

Don't play song until it says
PEPPER'S POV

It was a beautiful day, though fairly chilly and windy. Oh how I hated the wind. It, like lots of things, reminds me of my life. I'm small, therefore everything blows me around like the wind. I had been going back to school for a couple of weeks and I was getting better at sleeping on my own, only going to Robin's room every couple of days. It was nearing mid-January.

Robin and I were walking up the steps to the house, when he stopped ubruptly and turned to me with a smile. He had been in deep thought half the day. He then turned back to the door and proceeded to act as if he didn't obviously just come up with an idea. 'What on earth is he planning,' I thought, but it was pushed to the back of my head when we opened the door to find a worried looking Mrs. Rightout pacing back and forth with a phone up to her ear.

"Best not to get involved," Robin whispered as we walked by. I agreed and continued upstairs with Robin. We reached his room and sat on his bed.

Robin turned to me with a cheesy smile on his face. "You know... we haven't went on a real date." A small smile grew on my face. He hopped of the bed and got on one knee.

"Pepper will you go on a date with me," he said, grabbing a bouquet of flowers from under the bed. They were peonies, my favorite. My grin grew as he handed me the flowers. I shook my head eagerly.

"Great, because I just got the perfect idea for it," he said with a smirk. "But, you don't get to know yet."

"No- ho- ho!" I wined. "I don't like surprises!"" I know," he continued to smirk. He just leaned over and kissed me softly. When he pulled away I rolled my eyes, sat the flowers on the bed, and hugged him tightly.

I honestly have no idea how someone so mean and distant to literally everyone except a handful of people, can be so nice to someone like me. Though he is often more distant than mean to be honest. I've only seen him be a meany to my bullies.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear mid-hug. "I love you too," I replied happily.

"When is this date might I ask?" I asked after the hug was over. "Tommorow night, since it's Friday," he replied.

ROBIN'S POV

I had such a great plan for the date. It would be a secluded picnic under the stars. We could use the telescope to stargaze. Since it's still a bit chilly out we could cuddle under a blanket. My plan was to mostly just pack sweets because Pepper loves sweets. To top it all off, I would play a song for Pep on my guitar. He had never heard me before and I had the perfect song to sing to him.

I spend the rest of that evening away from Pepper, clearing a spot in a forest. I had to find a spot with no trees, so we could see the sky. I then went all over town finding things like picnic blankets, fairy lights, and sweets. I was set on making this the best day of Pepper's life.

I got home finnaly, nearing 7:00pm to find Pepper eating dinner boredly and lonely at the kitchen table. He had his head propped up in his hand as he very slowly put a fork full of mashed potatoes to his mouth. When he finnaly noticed my presents, his head shot up and his eyes glisened with happiness.

"There you are! I was getting lonely," his voice got quieter and slightly whiny at the last sentence. "Where's mom?" I asked, fully coming in the room and grabbing some food, that was spread out in dishes across the table.

"In here room. She seemed sad while she fixed the food. She looked all droopy, so I help her a bit making the food," he replied scooping up potatoes a bit more enthusiastically than before.