Chapter 19 - Muffin

ROBIN'S POV

I woke up the next morning to a light scent of vanilla and a tickle on the nose. I opened my eyes and found Pepper in my arms with his hair frantically sticking up in my face. I stayed still to let him sleep for a few more minutes, but once the clock on the wall showed 8:00 I figured it was time to get moving before Blue, Mom, or Dad found us like this. I lightly shook him.

"Please don't Teddy. You know Sundays are painful," he mumbled quietly, almost out of earshot. He finnaly began to wake up. Pepper sat up slowly and sleepily, while rubbing his eyes. He looked around carefully, climbed off me, and grabbed his hearing aids.

"Good morning," he said sleepily and yawned quietly. "What do you mean?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean good morning," he said with confusion.

"No, you said Sundays were painful. How so?" The blood drained from his face. "I don't remember saying that. I must have still been asleep," he said while playing with his fingers.

"You also called me Teddy," I said with a childish grin. He turned bright red.

"You- um just kinda remind me of my teddy bear is all," he said while looking down.

"You know I'm not just gonna let that 'Sunday's are painful' thing drop," I said and watched him get even more fidgety.

"I just don't like Sunday's. It means schools tommarow," he said, still playing with his fingers, which was an obvious tell that he was lying.

"But you wouldn't call it painful." He wouldn't look at me. It was obvious something bad was happening.

"HI GUYS," the silence was broke by Blue running in shouting. "Oh am I interrupting something," she whispered when she saw Pepper in front of me with his head down looking worried.

"No it's ok," Pepper said softly with a small sigh of relief. I wasn't going to let this drop though.

"Mom said she's going to go pick up a surprise for us, and there's muffin mix in the cabinet if we want to make them," she said with a smile.

PEPPER'S POV

Robin quickly jumped up and grabbed me and Blue, slinging us upside down over his shoulders, while running to the kitchen. We exploded in fits of laughter, but nearly choked on feathers. He sat Blue down on the floor.

"You, get the mix," he commanded playfully while pointing to her.

"Sir yes sir," she saluted and ran to the cabinet. He then sat me on the counter.

"You, just sit there and continue looking cute. I'll get the rest of the supplies," he said smiling and continuing to get pans and bowels from the cubborts. I just tinted pink and giggled while watching them rush around.

We put all of the ingredients in which wasn't much because it was a pack. Who knew they made muffin packets. I wouldn't have to go buy a muffin at the bakery if I could be sneaky enough. Robin let me help stir and that made me happy. Before soon we had them in the oven.

We heard the front door open and an excited Mrs. Rightout made her appearance in the dining room where we were now sitting, waiting for the muffins to bake. She was holding a box

"As I'm sure Azzy told you, I have a surprise. Think of it as an early Christmas present," she said as she opened the thin box and produced a snow white kitten. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen.

"OMG!! Eeeeee-DING," Blue was cut off from her cuteness overload, which I on the other hand was still internally screeching. The bell for the muffins had went off.

"I've got them," Robin said, still unable to wipe the smile off his face.

"What should we name it," Blue asked, looking over at me. "How about Muffin," I replied with an excited smile. "OMG that's perfect!" She exclaimed.

ROBIN'S POV

Ok I'll be honest, I knew about the cat. I was there when mom got the text from her friend saying her cat had just had kittens and she was welcome to have first pick for free. I wasn't even completely smiling at the adorableness of the cat. It was more about the adorableness of Pepper seeing the cat that just had my brain raising.

Come on, who wouldn't think Pepper is adorable, I mean look at him. I continued to get the muffins out of the oven with my face hot and not just from the heat of the oven.

You know, I believe my admiration for Pepper springs from the fact that he's so innocent. He doesn't have a brain that forces him to look at every side even the bad. He just seems to see the good in every thing and that deeply contrasts with me. It's actually given me some ideas as to what his ability might be.

Hi guys, it's Kassi. Uuuuggghhh this is so short! I've also decided to advance the story a bit since I've been stuck in one spot lately. I only really through the cat in there to give something to Pepper that makes him excited so I could write about Robin thinking he's cute. I was going to make this an abuse chapter but I'll save that for next time because I have plans😈 AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING! STAY SAFE WATCH TGE MAGPIES! BBYYYEEE!!!