Chapter 3

"Why not," I repeat.

"Because…," she said

"Because?" I say beginning to grow angry

"Because I don't like him. He is annoying and I can't stand him." Anzhelika says and then shoving a big chunk of salad into her mouth.

My mouth drops open "Because you don't like him!?!"

"Ya,"

Oh, boy that's the ONLY reason why. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then it happened, the lights blew out and the windows shattered. Everyone ducked except for me. I was frozen I couldn't move. Well I know now I need to study Spells and Charms more. As soon as it stopped we were dismissed from lunch and onto class.

************

Once I got home I was reading Spells and Charms, the section about Soreceress. Turns out my magic is based on the way I feel. Also I learned some new spells. One of them was being able to change the weather. I even learned how to control the elements. But how did I make the earthquake and blow the lights and windows out?

My phone started to vibrate uncontrollably I look to see who of it is and its Anzhelika. I deny her call and she calls again, figures she wouldn't give up that easy.

"Hello?!?" I answer

"Hey, you OK? You acted kinda weird after the incident in the cafeteria."

"Ya, I'm fine," I lie

"I wonder how-"

"Hey listen I got a lot of studying to do," I say cutting her off.

"Ok well call me later then"

"Ya,"

*********

Later that day, Antonio texted me.

Hey, when are we going to start on our English Project-Antonio

How about in 3 minuets-L

It takes him about 20 minuets to respond.

OK.-A

I hear my dad coming home from work. I haven't seen my mom sense rehab.

"Leslie would you come down here please!"

I walk across the hallway and meet him in the kitchen.

"Yes, dad," I say in my innocent voice.

"I don't know how to tell you but um… its your mother. She had cancer again."

"Oh," is all that escapees my mouth. This is her second time getting cancer. Is that even possible. This is so weird, why is everything happening this year. I could feel the power inside me growing and getting stronger. I MUST keep calm.

"Listen dad, I have to go to the um park to work on this English project. So I'll call you later ok?"

"OK"

**********

"So I'm thinking we could do a skit. What do you think?" I ask him

"Ya…" is all he says he is so quiet. Why is that?

" Are you OK? Do you want to switch partners or something because ALL I GET FROM YOU IS YES THIS AND YES THAT? I REALLY REALLY DON'T CARE-" 

Antonio leans in and is about to kiss me?

"STOP!!!!!" I scream really loud, that time stops. What just happened how did- how did I do that? Antonio has his lips puckered out and is ready. I laugh as tears starts coming down. Then I start crying some more.