Chapter 2

In Geometry, I learned that Antonio and I have all the same classes. We got assigned two projects together for English and P.E. We planned to meet after school in the park.

                             *  *  *  *  *

"So we got stuck with the theme of Romance," he says as we take out our binders.

"yup, so she said we had to film a scene we made up,"  I said taking out a sheet of paper. I had butterflies in my stomach. This is crazy I just met him. The wind started blowing hard…oh no oh gosh please no. My powers are starting to act up again. I shivered. Then the sun came out. It felt so magical just being there with him.

"Wo-" Antonio said but then the ground started to shake I knew it was me, because my hand started to shake, the harder they shook the harder the earthquake got. I tried to stop but I couldn't I burst into tears because I couldn't stop. A storm was headed our way I quickly grabbed my bag and my purse because I was the only one who could actually stand and ran all the way to my house.

                      *  *  *  *  * 

Later that night they talked about the earthquake, I guessed it would be 8.5, and I was right. That was pretty big. I must learn how to control my powers. I grabbed my iPhone, and checked my messages. One of them was from Antonio.

Hey where did you go after the earthquake?

-Antonio

I was thinking of not responding,but he would ask again tomorrow.

I was shaken by the earthquake I guess I went somewhere else. But maybe we can work on it again tomorrow.

-Leslie

I lied.

OK

-Antonio

Then the conversation was over. I went to bed, that night and had a strange dream. More like a nightmare.

   "I like you too, I just don't know how to say it," he said. It was Antonio. Instead of saying I like You Too, like I was thinking, I kissed him. Immediately I separated from him. I looked around and we were at a meadow and there was a sunset. I looked back at his hazel eyes. Something started going wrong…"Antonio… Antonio!" I screamed I could feel we were having heart problems HE WAS DYING! "Antonio!" I started to cry harder he feel to the floor, unable to speak. "Antonio!Antonio!" I kept on screaming.

* * * * * * * *

I woke up crying. I went to my bathroom,yes my personal bathroom. Anyways I changed into a brown leather jacket with a white T-shirt under. Then I put on some blue skinny jeans, and some black high heels. I went to school with my black SUV. I got to my locker and my friend was waiting for me.

"Hey Anzhelika, what's up?"

"Nothing. I called you yesterday, what were you doing yesterday?" shocked crossed my face, I guess she saw that too because she raised her eyebrows and nodded.

"I am so sorry, I ditched you. Its just I forgot" I pouted, because I forgot to meet her at the mall. Anzhelika is taller than I am. I am shorter than most of the class but still average. Anzhelika has dirty blonde straight hair, with good sense of style. Almost every guy liked her, that's how pretty she was. I meet her in 6th grade. She was always gorges. I always thought of her as Aphrodite's daughter.

"Listen let me make it up to you," I say snapping myself back to the present.

"Yes, you have to…cause I'm just that hot," she says

I laugh and shake my head.

"Sure, you are… you are perfect," I say

"That's right adore me," she flips her dirty blonde hair.

**********

Antonio tried talking to me before lunch but by the time I turned around to talk to him the ball rang. Its like fate doesn't want us to talk, well at least not yet. It was lunch and I'm sitting with my best friend of all time.

"So you know the new guy?" I blurt out interrupting her in the middle of her sentence.

"Antonio?"

"ya,"

"then ya"

"Well um…" I start off  "I think I like him," I whisper the end .

"Eeeeewwwww you can't like him," she says with a disgusted face.

"Why not?" I say back...