Betrayal

Kai spent the rest of the night in his office staring at a cup of tea. He looked out the window. The sun started to rise. He jumped at the speaker next to the door. "Royal advisor Torin requests entrance." He sighed. "Request granted."
     Torin came in quickly. "Linh Cinder escaped." He said. She did? Should he be grateful that Levana couldn't get to her. He couldn't decide what to feel. "Can we track her?" Kai stood up. Torin shook his head. "She left this." He held up a bag with a chip. An ID chip. "And there is more." Torin continued.
   "What?" Kai was shocked at this news. "She escaped with a cadet Carswell Thorne." Kai went back to his desk and looked him up. American Republic, Stolen ship, 20 years old, etc. "We also have reason to believe Dr. Dmitri Erland helped." Torin said.
  Kai looked up. "How?" Torin walked around the desk to the teen. "This." He put in a thumb drive. A video played of Cinder and the doctor. The first part you couldn't hear, then- "... you will escape, and will do everything that I told you to do remember?" Cinder sat there for a second. "Fine. You know you make it sound easier than it actually is, right?" The doctor stood up. "Smart girl, remember? You'll figure it out." Kai stopped the video.
   "She has a new hand and foot." Kai pointed out. "Yeah. She does." Torin looked as if he just figured it out. Kai stood straight. "Bring Dr. Erland in." Torin frowned. "We can't. He fled." Kai cleared his throat. "You may be excused. Torin bowed and left the room.
   "Damn it!" He screamed. All the betrayal. Cinder and now Erland. He looked back at the the port screen.     
   Carswell Thorne. He scanned the screen, his eyes landing on his picture. He hated him immediately. His eyes went back up to the words stolen ship. "Oh!" He was about to call Torin back in. His hand stopped centimeters from the button. He sighed. "You may have betrayed me, Cinder. But I won't betray. Not now. Not ever."
   He sat back down. He will never betray her, yet she betrayed him. He felt something he never felt before. He didn't care she hurt him, well not as much as he should have. "What does this mean." Kai asked himself.
-----------A/N
(397 words)

So.... what did you think. In think it's kinda an emotional chapter. And don't worry I will do a Scarlet chapter soon, but I kinda wanted to get this in before anything else. Anyways bye!!!!!!

- Socially awkward butterfly