苦しむ

Hollow Chapter 10 苦しむ (Agony)

I was scared, but not enough to run away.

"Moka hide." I say simply.

"Why?" She asks.

"Just do it." I clench my fist into a ball. My door opened and Moka was gone into the closet.

"Why the hell was the car gone?" He questions.

"I just borrowed it." I say not looking at him. With that I received a slap across the face. Surely because I'm such a "bad" child. I stood my ground though, ignoring the pain.

"You think this is ok?" He yells

Silence

"Well?" He questions again.

Silence

"You rotten child..." He takes off his belts and folds it back. He whips me with it. It knocks me down. I couldn't hide the pain this time. I had to let out some little sound. I could feel blood coming from somewhere.

"Naughty children like you need to be taught a lesson since apparently you need reminded of the rules constantly." He says.

Again and again he hits me until more or less the whole front of my body was covered in my own red blood.

MOKA'S POV

I can't just sit here and watch this anymore... not while he gets beat to death. Not sure it's much, but I have to do something. Without thinking much about it I jump out of the closet and in front of Ruki before his dad hits him again. I closed my eyes tightly expecting to feel the whip of a belt when I open my eyes slowly, he's just starting at me. Now I know how Ruki feels. These eyes are cold and unfeeling. They're killing me slowly and he has to deal with this everyday.

"Who is this?" his dad says.

"No one." He replies.

"It's always the same with you you trash..." I see him wind up the belt and I brace myself for it to hit me. I hear the crack sound, but I was untouched. Ruki took the blow. I saw the blood trickle down from his cheek.

"Leave her out of this!" He yells.

"Oh so when did you start making decisions around here? The father says.

"Just leave her the fuck alone!"

Damn it I shouldn't have put him in this position. I didn't want him to get hurt anymore. I grabbed Ruki by the wrist and ran down the stairs and out the door fast as I could. Once we get a good distance away from the house, we stop to catch our breath.

"This should be good enough." I say.

Ruki just looks at me.

"What? I wasn't about to let him hit you again!" I say.

"No not that..." He starts

"Then what?" I say.

"Why did you jump in front of me?" He asks.

"Because I didn't want you to get hurt..." I say.

"Worry about yourself Moka. I'm fine."

"Do I need to get a mirror? Your nothing but cut and bruises! How the hell is that ok?" I yell. I was so frustrated.

"I'm fine!" He yells back.

"No you're not!" I declare.

There was a silence.

"Look I don't care how stubborn people say you are, but you're coming with me." I say grabbing him again.

"Wha- No!" he says pulling away.

"Just leave me alone Moka! You can't fix this!"

"No! I'm tired of not doing anything about this! At least let me try and patch you up a little bit." I say.

"...Fine..." He gives in.

We began walking back to my house.

"Why do you stay with them anyway?" I question him.

"Because no matter what he was like, it was a roof over my head a place to sleep, you know, but I'm glad I'm gone." He says half heartedly.

"What will you do now?" I ask.

"Not sure probably just switch from house to house like before." He says.

Once we arrive at my house, and walk in the door, I ask loudly,

"Shinji Dad isn't home is he?"

"No, why?" He replies.

"No reason." I have Ruki follow me to my room and wait there while I go to find the first aid.

"Take your shirt off so I can patch you up." I say.

He giggles in response.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing I just never imagined you doing something like this." He says with a smile.

"Well, get over it." I say unamused.

"Thanks Moka..." He says softly.

"Really, it means a lot to me that your helping me." He adds.

"It's nothing." I say simply.

"No it's more then nothing. It's everything." He says.

"Stop it Ruki, I'm just patching you up. It's not like I solved world hunger." I say.

"No, you faced my dad. That's something I've been trying to do for so many years. You have no idea what it's like living in fear everyday from the people who are suppose to love you most. You've got to the bravest person I've ever met." He says.

"Quit lying." I say.

"I'm not..." He says.

I slowly work around the delicate cuts all the way around his body I made me sad again to see previous scars there too. Taking the gauze and slowly wrapping it around his body. Once everything was finished, I moved up to his face. I never noticed how beautiful his eyes are. Soft brown orbs with a gentleness to them. Everything was done now. He puts his shirt back on and stands up. He wasn't terribly tall, but he was taller then me. Then he hugs me out of the blue.

"Really Moka, thanks." He says. I feel my face get really hot.

"Really it's nothing! Don't be so silly!" I stammer.

"Whatever you say." He says chuckling bit.

He then took his leave from the house to head to one of the other Boys' houses. I waved him goodbye and watched him walk out into the distance. I just hope he heals. On the inside...

Next Chapter: 11 新しい