時代

Hollow Chapter 13: 時代(These days)

School was as boring as ever, I was counting down the days till our break and now there's only one week left.

"Oh, class don't dress out for gym today, were doing health classes instead." Our gym teacher told us.

We're doing what now? We all filed in and sat on the floor I sat on the floor next to Lish and Ruki came over relatively close to us. He's such a quite wallflower without the guys around.

"Today were go to talk about..." She started, but by then I had already zoned out and went off into my own world. An excuse for me to daydream.

I don't know exactly how long it was, but whatever the case I must have missed some pretty important stuff, because I was not going to like what I was about to hear.

"Moka Ito and Takanori Matsumoto." The teacher says and both our heads rise.

"You two are partners." What? What did I miss? I guess he wasn't paying attention either (not that that surprises me) because he was looking just as confused as I was. It was weird to have people call him Takanori because, more or less everyone calls him Ruki.

"Next week you two will start together." She says.

The one time I don't pay attention, I miss something important. Then the bell rings. I thought about asking him if he knew what the hell was going on, but I knew better.

"Yes!" Lish says beside me.

"What are you so happy about?" I ask.

"Uruha is my partner!" She cheers.

"Ok this is really bugging me." I say.

"What? That you're with Ruki? I think that's ironic." She giggles.

I give her my "I'm lost." Look.

"Were you paying attention at all?" She finally asks.

"Maybe..." I say.

"Well, were doing that thing were you have to carry around the fake baby and pretend it's real." She says casually.

"... WHAT?" I yell.

"Calm down its only one day." She says.

"I have to be with the last person on earth who I think could be a responsible father for this stupid project." I whine.

"Oh I'm sure it's will be fine." She says.

"Yeah, but he's as clueless as I am." I say.

Great. My grade is in the trash.

"Hey, Moka that means that me and Uruha are married!" she says happily joking.

"Good for you two." I groan.

"And you and Ruki-" She starts.

"Don't even bring it up." I cut her off.

"Why do you hate him so much?" She asks.

"I don't exactly like him after all the hell he's put me through." I say.

"I get that, but you don't act like you hate him either. Why the grudge in the first place?" She says.

"My first day of school he came up and stole my first kiss." I state bluntly.

"Your point?" She says stone faced.

"My point!?" I ask. What does she mean by that?

"Yeah, so what. It's just a kiss, besides I think you two would be the cutest couple!" She says smiling.