23: Insider

(I'm apologizing for the length of this chapter in advance....)

Hollow Chapter: 23 Insider... 

I sat on the ground still covered in blood. Staring at the ground. so scared I thought even if I moved my eyes of blinked I would die. I could hear the beginnings of what was to be my negotiation.  

"What do you want?" I heard police say outside. 

"They really don't understand..." I hear the man say. 

"I want money! and I want this girl!" I hear him yell to the outside. This was not going to end well. My life is very enjoyable right now, I mean if I was going to spend the rest of my life in this train. I'd rather be dead... 

RUKI POV 

"Please stay back! This is none your business!" the cop said pushing us back. Like hell it’s not my business. I had to say something I wasn't about to let these people make me leave. 

 "That's my girlfriend being held in there!" I yell at him. Lish shoots me a look, but I didn't care I wasn't about to be taken away from this. 

I saw the guy's face. The sinister look on his face. I wanted beat the shit out of this guy but I knew I was powerless since he had Moka. This is  

MOKA POV 

I sat there waiting to see what he was going to do next. I didn't mean to but I guess I was glaring at him. do you really blame me?  

"You stupid bitch." he says kicking me back down." I could already feel my face start to swell. The police were still trying to negotiate, but he was paying no attention. he pulls me up by my shirt. Up to the window so the people outside can see.  

"If anyone tries to play "hero," This girl is going to get her just deserts." he says putting the gun in my mouth. I saw Ruki and Lish again. they just stared at me. not like I expected them to do anything different. he throws me back on the ground and starts kicking me again. I was hurting everywhere. how could my life end like this. the wrong place at the wrong time... 

RUKI POV 

I saw Moka fall to the ground Lish actually had to put her hand on my shoulder because she was unsure of what I would do. I wasn't even sure what I would do. I clenched my fist into a ball and felt my knuckles turn white. I wanted to make this guys suffer the torment that Moka is. I wanted him to hurt the way she is. I want him to feel just how it is to be under this kind of torture.  

"Seriously you two need to leave, I don't care what your connection to the hostage is." 

"But, you can't!" I say. 

"Ruki..." Lish gives me and look and without another word grabs the sleeve of my shirt and walks off. when were finally far enough away I pull my arm out of her grip and yell. 

"What the fuck do you think your doing! Moka could be killed! This isn’t something we can just-" 

she pulls her hand back and slaps me across the face. I touch where she hit me and stare at her in shock. 

"Takanori calm down! panicking won't help at all. and honestly what can we do to save Moka? I mean the guy already said that if anyone tries anything, that she would end up dead." 

"It's just so hard to think with this..." 

"Believe me, it's hard for me too." 

"I know, it's just... if anything happened to her..." I try not to think of what I would say next. 

"I just hope she gets out of this alive." well that's fucking great because that's all we can do... 

MOKA POV 
He sees the police move a little closer to the train and he points the gun at me.  

"your lucky." was all he said. I could think of how wrong he was. he fires the gun and shoots me. I feel a sharp pain in my side and look to see he only grazed my side. the only thing I could do was scream. I realized that this is all too real. 

RUKI POV 
I heard the gun shot. I feel my heart stop too. Lish and I both turn our head and the police don't know what to do. they just stood there. she can't be dead. Then I heard the scream.  

"She's still alive, but she won't be much longer if I don't get my demands!" I hear the voice of that fucker yell.  

"People are so fucking stupid..." is all I mumble.  

What was a suppose to do? I felt that I really needed to stay, but I'm only getting in the way here. it's so complicated... 

MOKA POV 

I moved my hand to my now bleeding side. So he is choosing slow and painful. have some mercy. just get it over with. go ahead I'm ready to die. Now more now then ever. he grabbed me by my leg and dragged my away from the door and back to the corner. I was actually thinking about asking him to just kill me, but if Ruki heard me say that I would never forgive myself. I didn’t want to give up on life.... but I felt like it was my only choice.... 

Next Chapter: Enlightenment....