Chapter:3

-Sephiroth lands on a building...-

The villain looks into Edge... 

"Now... It shall not be long before I exact my revenge... because this world... is godless!"

he glared into the crowds flooding the street... and looks into the sky...

"For years I've been treated as if I'm another piece of trash: destined to be in the Lifestream and fade as if I was but a common soul... I avoided this to take my place as god... for this to take place: Children shall never see adulthood, women shall be cut away, men shall rot... and..."

He glares, as he angrily reaches to the distance, then tightly squeezed his hand into a fist...

"Cloud shall SUFFER, the ONLY reason I still retain myself... is from my great loathing for him... and that... THAT shall be his end...", he drops his arm beside him and calmed down...

"But first, I must begin my plans. There is no reason to strike him down yet, not until I am well a god, and the reason for my resurrection is captured and manipulated..."

Sephiroth leaps of the building, and flies away at blinding speed! The residents seem unaware of the villain just several miles over their heads... They are more fixated on a huge moniter... Cloud drives up,  ways off behind the crowd... glaring at the message running across the screen as a reporter says:

"Mako fog is covering the areas surrounding Edge, civilians are advised to stay indoors until it blows over, DO not go out until tomorrow. Experts estimate it to end by tomorrow..."

-Cloud turns toward the church... then sighs as he mounts Fenrir again, and rides away...-

Mako Wiki

Mako (魔晄, Makō, lit. magic light) is the liquid form of the Gaia's Lifestream. It is the world's primary energy source except for Wutai and rural areas. The Lifestream can condense into or Materia and Mako stones, in spite it of being dangerous to touch or even breathe...