Four

I would never admit to it but I had trouble sleeping last night. Thinking about Mia and my family's opinions kept me up. 

"GET UP STELLA IT'S CHANCE'S BIRTHDAY!!" Mia yelled as she shook me awake after only falling asleep an hour before.

"I'm up, i'm up." I repeated so she would stop disturbing me. 

"Well we have a ton of crap to do and-"

"Good morning !" A smiling Cody said walking into my room with a bouquet of flowers.

"Oh hello-" Mia said blinking a few times making me sit up quickly.

"Uhm Cody this is my best friend Mia. Mia this is my fiancé Cody." I said standing up and walking over to him kissing his cheek.

"Oh well it's nice to meet you and nice flowers damn." She said walking over to greet him with a hand shake. I bit my lip and gave her a look that read 'give us a minute'. She got the gist and excused herself from my room.

"I didn't know Mia was in town." Cody said setting the flowers on my dresser. 

"Neither did I, Chance surprised me." I said yawning slightly.

"You look exhausted did you girls stay up all night talking about the wedding?" He asked grabbing me by the wait and I chuckled nervously.

"Yeah something like that." 

"Well I gotta get to work but i'll meet you at that party later?" He asked and I nodded.

"Please, it's important to me that you get to know Chance and his family. They're like my second family." He nodded at me with a smile kissing my head.

"Will do. I love you." He said pecking my lips before walking himself out. I watched him leave and sighed to myself.

"Okay what was that about. We didn't stay up all night but apparently you did. Whats on your mind?" Mia asked running back in.

"Okay one, stop eavesdropping. Two, it's nothing I just wasn't happy with how yesterday went and I stayed up thinking about it." I said pulling my hair into a high pony tail.

"Stell- did you ever think maybe you weren't happy because you're engaged to the-"

"If you say wrong person I will seriously fight you. Why can't you just support me?" I asked starting to get really frustrated. 

"I do support you. But I'm also team Chance I'm sorry." She said giving me a look of disappointment. 

"Whatever lets just get ready to go help Mrs.Perez get ready for tonight. 

Chance

"Honey you have barely said anything since you found out Stella's engaged." My mom pestered me at the table.

"What do you expect me to say mom?" I asked as I took another bite of my pancakes. 

"You and I know damn well that Cody is not the right boy for her. Hell, even that ring isn't right for her. She hates gold!" My mom pointed out what I already know making me instinctively roll my eyes. 

"Mom what we want doesn't matter. It's Stella's life and if she didn't want to marry him she wouldn't." I said as Brooklyn watched Moana intently on her iPad ignoring the conversation we were having. 

"Chance love, I am not pestering you because I'm your mom. I'm doing it because I know Stella just as well as you do. I watched her cry when you left, she wasn't sad she was heartbroken. I watched her in the waiting room that whole night Emma was in labor so she could be there for you. I watched her go to prom alone because you took Emma and not her. She passed on her chance to go to NYU so she could stay here and be close to you and Brooklyn. You might not se it but that girl loves you. She might not even see it. Or maybe she does and she's been holding it back. But neither of you will ever know if you don't talk about it."

I sat there taking in everything my mom was telling me but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to agree.

"I'll tell her tonight." I finally gave in as I cleared my spot and my mom gave me a smile.

"Please do, I can't watch you let her marry the wrong boy." My mom said and kissed my cheek before leaving Brooklyn and I alone in the kitchen.

"Daddy?" Brooklyn asked finally taking her headphones out to talk to me.

"Yeah baby girl?" I asked squatting next to her.

"Happy birthday." She said and kissed me quickly giggling.

"Thank you baby." I said with a smile as I ruffled her hair. 

I heard the doorbell ring and heard my mom answer it.

"Chance! Stella and Mia are here!"