Twenty-one

Stella's Pov:

"Babygirl, were gonna be married in four days." Cody smiled and wrapped his arms around me from behind. 

"I know it feels so surreal." I said as we sat in the foyer of his parents house waiting for them to join us.

"Ah Cody, Stella. It's so nice to see you both." Mrs.Michaels said as she walked in. 

"Hello ma'am." I smiled and stood up to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"You'll have to excuse my husband he's taking a business call but should be down in a few minutes." She said as she greeted her son.

"Cody, dear he wanted you to go to the study actually." She said sitting down on the couch across from where we had sat only moments ago. I sat back down slightly nervous to be left alone with this woman I had only met a handful fo times.

"Oh alright. I'll be back in few minutes Stella." Cody said kissing my head before rushing off. 

"So, I don't wanna scare you or anything like that but I just wanted to check in on you love." Mrs.Michaels said pouring us both tea into the cups set out on the table that was separating us. 

"Oh, well I'm doing well. It's just crazy how quickly this was all put together and now the rehearsal dinner is only three days from now and the wedding in four. It all sort of feels like a dream." I said taking a quick sip of the tea. 

"There was no doubt In my mind that it would all get done. I was just worried about London. I was shocked Cody wanted to move all of a sudden and have the wedding moved up. I had to make sure you weren't pregnant or something." She slightly laughed and I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean? Didn't Mr.Michaels tell Cody he had to move to the London office?" I asked feeling a knot grow in my stomach.

"No of course not. Cody's on track to be taking over the office here in Los Angeles. We were all shocked when he asked to be transferred." She said and I bit my lip.

"Oh, I see. Well no I am not pregnant." I said just as Cody walked in with his father. I kept my feelings to myself and faked a smile while we sat and chatted with his parents for another hour.

Mia's Pov:

"Mia can you get Brooklyn's tiara she wants to try it on." Chance asked while balancing her in his lap. 

"Yeah sure." I walked upstairs and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I grabbed it and saw a text from Stella as I walked into Brooklyn's room to get the tiara.

"Mia, Cody lied about the London office. He asked to be transferred. He wanted the wedding to be moved up." 

My eyes widened and I gasped. I quickly pulled myself together and ran back down the steps clearly almost giving Chance a heart attack.

"Chance. Something isn't right." I said giving him the tiara as I tried to catch my breath.

"What do you mean the tiara looks fine." He said giving me a weird look.

"No. With Stella. Apparently Cody asked his dad to transfer him to the office in London not the other way around. Cody wanted the wedding to be moved up. And I don't know if you realized but he found out about London only a day after you came home. Is that not suspicious to you at all?" I said running out of air in my lungs. 

"You don't think he did that because of me do you?" He asked handing Brooklyn over to his anxious looking mother. 

"I think that's exactly why he did it." His mother interjected and I nodded in agreement. 

"If he's really that threatened then maybe I really do have a shot at winning Stella over." Chance said pacing slightly.

"Well you have three days left to figure out how you're going to do that." I said and placed my hand reassuringly on his shoulder. 

"You got this kid." I said and he smiled at me.

"I sure hope so." He sighed and then squatted down in front of Brooklyn.

"Brooklyn, do you want daddy and Stella to be together?" He asked her and her eyes widened with excitement.

"More than anything." She said clapping.

"Than I'm gonna need your help." 

A/N: 

Hello,

It's me.

Okay I know you all low-key hate me for not updating but I FINALLY finished my semester lol. SO now I can focus on this story and finishing it. I am so happy that you guys are enjoying but of course there are only a few chapters left. I'm not sure about a sequel and if there will be one. The success of this book will determine that most likely. Anyways, I love you guys. Keep voting, commenting, and leaving feedback!!