Fourteen

Stella's Pov:

Ten Days. Ten more days until I have an extra ring on my finger and a new last name. 

That was the only thing I could think about as I laid in bed.

"Hey Stell bell." My dad said knocking on my door as he opened it.

"Hey dad, everything okay?" I asked sitting up in bed and scooting over so he could sit. 

"Yeah. I just wanted to talk to you while your mom and Mia finish up breakfast." He said and I nodded as he sat next to me.

"I just wanted to tell you a story. I never told you this but before I married your mother I was engaged." My dad started and my eyes went wide.

"Really?? What happened?" I asked turning more to face him.

"Well sweetie, I met a girl my freshmen year of college. And I swore on my life we were meant to be, until I realized we weren't. The night before my wedding I realized I had a 5'3 and half girl that treated me as if I were the sun and she was the earth. She had been there right in front of me and I was too blind to see it. I think I was too scared too. It's scary to go for something and risk it all. It's easier to not take risks. But I couldn't be happier that I did. If I didn't I wouldn't have you baby girl." My dad said making me tear up slightly. 

I always wanted to be as happy as my parents. They've literally known each other since birth. They were born in the rooms next to each other. And my mom has been making my dads heart skip a beat ever since. 

"Daddy, why are you telling me all this?" I asked him as I took his hand and gave it a slight squeeze.

"Because I found this." I said and handed me a light pink sparkly journal that said 'Princess Stella's Dream Wedding'. My eyes went wide realizing it was the journal I drew up when I was six. 

"Where did you find this?" I asked him quickly taking it from him. 

"The attic. I'll leave you to look through it. Come down for breakfast when you're done." He said and kissed my head before leaving me alone. 

I opened the book up to the first page and there were pieces of white tool and lace and a stick figure version of me in a white dress. I let out a small laugh as I flipped to the next page reading the list.

Things I will have at my wedding:

1. A MEGA COOL DJ

2. roses *insert picture of roses here*

3. ALL MY FRIENDS IN MISS.AVERY'S CLASS

4. Daddy walking me down the aisle 

5. Justin Timberlake singing at the party

6. A sparkly dress

7. the PERFECT tiara

8. A HORSE AND CARRIAGE !! 

9. a kiss (and a pinky promise)

10. Chance (my husband duh)

I dropped the book reading the last line. I gulped and took a deep breath shutting my eyes. Before I read too deeply into it I stuffed the book into my night stand and got out of bed pulling on my robe going to walk down for breakfast.

Chance's Pov:

I'd been up almost all night trying to perfect the chorus of the song I was working on. All I had in my head was 'i'll wear my black suit, black tie, hide out in the back. i'll do a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask. I'll try to make it through without crying so nobody see's, yeah she wanna get married, but she don't wanna marry me'. I had the chorus down and all I needed was the rest of the song... 

"Daddy?" Brooklyn asked getting my attention.

"Yeah baby?" I asked her picking her up.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked giving me eyes that I'd never seen before...almost like she was worried.

"Whats wrong baby?" I asked her rubbing her back soothingly.

"Daddy, I don't wanna get you upset. But I know you like Stella...why is she marrying someone else? In all the fairytales the princess ends up with the prince....so why isn't Stella with you?" Brooklyn asked me and I looked at her in slight shock. Even Brooklyn noticed?

"Well sweetie, daddy is going to try his absolute best to make Stella wanna end up with him. I want her to be with me just as bad as you do kiddo." I said giving her a sad smile and she nodded.

"Stella cried every time she would come here while you were gone...she missed you so much. Doesn't missing someone mean you love them?" She asked me and I nodded with a slight smile.

"Yeah baby it does." I kissed her head and set her down to go play as I ran back to my room to my guitar to finish this song. 

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry this is kind of short just wanted you to have a look on Stella's relationship with her dad and show how Brooklyn inspires Chance. I already know exactly where the story is gonna go so updates should be coming more frequent! I can't believe this has 1k reads that is just insane to me. I hope you guys are liking it, I LOVE YOU AND ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!!