Thirteen

Stella's Pov:

"Whoa speedy, slow down." Chance joked as i opened the door to the building the DJ was in. 

"Listen I am in a hurry to get this and the photographer out of the way. I have bridesmaid and flower girl dresses to pick out." I smiled and Chance just shook his head and rolled his eyes jokingly.

"You're going too fast you enjoy anything Stel, take it one step at a time." He reminded me and i smiled at him. 

"I love you." Is what I almost said. But what I really said was "You're right, you always are." And while a man came to greet us all I could do was stare at Chance in shock at my own thoughts. I can't be having feelings like this. Not eleven days before my wedding. 

"You must be the happy couple." I blushed and quickly shook my head.

"Uh no the groom is at work. But I am the bride." I said and he led us to an office to sit across from him. The walls we lined with red velvet wallpaper, the chairs were very modern...so not very comfortable. 

"So what are you looking for us to play at the wedding?" He asked started to fill out paper work.

"Well basically anything on the radio, and I have the song for the first dance." He nodded and gave me a sheet to fill out that listed the dances: our dance and the ones with our parents.

I quickly filled them out and handed the sheet back to him. 

"Oh my band will also be performing at the reception." Chance said to the man and he smiled.

"I knew you looked familiar. My daughter loves in real life." The man said and pulled out a picture of her from his desk drawer. 

"Would you be willing to sign something for her?" He asked with pleading eyes. I looked at Chance who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Yeah of course, whats her name?" He asked looking at the picture.

"Isabella." He said and Chance took a sharpie from his desk signing the back of the picture and writing a little note I couldn't quite read. 

"Well I think we got everything just about done, just the payment Ms.Kane." 

"Yes of course." I say digging into my purse and grabbing my wallet.

"Actually, I got this. An early wedding present." Chance said quickly handing the man his card. I looked at him in shock. He just payed a thousand dollars for the DJ for my wedding. Was he crazy?

"Chance you did not need to do that." I whispered to him as we walked out.

"I wanted to. You're my best friend Stella and I wanna do everything in my power to make your wedding day special."

Chance's Pov:

After saying that I diverted my eyes to the ground unable to look into her eyes. The truth is if i'm planning on telling her how I feel I should at least pay for the collateral damage. 

"Oh, so we booked the rehearsal dinner it's going to be at Nobu." She said as we got back into her car to drive to the photographer.

"I love Nobu." I said looking at her and she smiled.

"I know, Cody actually hates sushi but I insisted on it because you've really been a huge help and I wanted a little piece of my wedding to be dedicated to you Chance. I really owe you." She said buckling up and starting her car.

And there it was, the guilt. How am I supposed to tell this girl I'm in love with her when I know it's going to ruin the most important day of her life. 

After a long day of wedding planning I sat back against the passenger seat and shut my eyes for a second.

"Hey, you wanna go on an adventure?" Stella looked over at me as she passed the turn to my house and I smiled at her.

"As long as you're not gonna murder me, i'm all for it." I said with a laugh and watched her roll the windows down and turn the radio up. 

This was my favorite time to be around her. When she's driving with no care in the world with her music loud and her smile big. 

"Mind telling me where we're going?" I asked and she just smiled over at me.

"Where it all started." She said and I looked at her slightly confused.

I soon realized where she was taking me: back to kindergarten.

She pulled into the parking lot and the second I got out of the car she ran and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the playground. I laughed as she sat on the swing set that she fell off of when we were playing during recess.

"Chance look at how high I can go!" I turned around and saw Stella flying in the air higher than I have ever seen the swing go. I was in awe of how she managed to do that but also slightly terrified she would get hurt. 

"Stella be careful!" I said running to the side of the swing she was on.

"I'll be fine, relax!" She scolded me and not even two seconds later her foot got caught on the ground and she fell off the swing so fast that if i'd blinked I would've missed it. 

"Stella are you alright?!" I ran to her side and helped her sit up, inspecting her cut up knee. 

"Hey let's get you to the nurse." I said and helped her stand placing her arm around my shoulder to help her walk. 

That was the day I realized i wanted to take care of her, always. As her legs kicked back and fourth I watched the smile on her face slowly fade as she got deep into thought.

"You know. When I was five sitting on this swing I didn't think i'd be twenty and getting married and feeling how I feel now." She said looking at me as i sat in the swing next to her.

"What do you mean, what do you feel now?" I asked her hoping she's changing her mind.

"Terrified. Absolutely terrified. It's like I should have everything together and know where I'm going and what I'm doing but I don't know a thing. I don't even want to live in London." She said running a hand through her hair and sighing looking at me with a look of despair.

"I love Cody. But i'm just worried that i'm not going to be content with the life after marriage." She said and I sat silently. It would be unfair of me to try and persuade her not to go through with this. 

"If you love him and you want to marry him don't let worry stop you." I said looking down at the concrete. 

"Yeah, yeah you're right." She said and I bit my lip. No I'm not. Don't marry him. All things I should have said, but didn't. And couldn't.