Eight

Stella's Pov:

"I don't even wanna know how you know where the closest bridal store is." I said as I got out of Chance's car and shut the door. 

"In case you forgot my Aunt is a wedding planner. She's here all the time Stel." Chance laughed and opened the door for me. I walked in and my eyes landed on the racks of dressed that suddenly made me feel terrified. 

"Chance my love!" I looked over and saw Chance's aunt walking over to us and giving him a huge hug. 

"No one told me you got engaged, Congratulations!" She said. My eyes went wide and Chance quickly shook his head.

"No Aunt Jane, this is my really good friend Stella, she's getting married now in two weeks. She really needs to find a dress, today." Chance said and his aunt looked at him as if he was crazy.

"A dress in two weeks? A crazy request but nothing I can't help with. Come on let's go pick out some dresses." She said and pulled me into a mess of white tool and fabric. 

Chance's Pov:

I watched my Aunt grab Stella and start to ask her a million questions as they starting pulling dresses. I stuffed my hands in my pockets trying to wrap my head around this. I thought I had more time, I thought I could get her to see that she should be marrying me...not Cody. I walked towards a rack mindlessly looking at the dresses until I saw one. A dress that literally screamed Stella. Picturing her in it made me tear up because I pictured her walking down the aisle to me. 

While Stella walked into the fitting room I gave the dress to my Aunt and told her to have her try that one

I sat down on the couch and pulled out my phone to text Brady.

To: King Tut (Brady)

You're never gonna guess where I am

From: King Tut (Brady)

If you went to in and out without me i'm gonna be really freaking pissed Chance

To: King Tut (Brady)

No Brady I am not at in and out i'm at a damn wedding dress store. Stella's getting married two weeks from today now.

Not even a minute later my phone was ringing. I sighed and pressed answer looking out the front window of the store.

"Yes Brady?" I asked with a sigh.

"You know you need to stop this wedding Chance. You have to tell her."

"Brady I-"

"Chance?" Stella called grabbing my attention. I turned my head and my jaw literally fell open as I saw her standing in the dress I had picked out. 

"I-I have to go Brady." I hung up the phone and stood to my feet quickly taking the sight of her in.

"Wow Stella." I saw her cheeks redden and a smile came to my lips as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Chance are you-" 

"Crying? Yeah I am." I said as she lifted up the dress so she could walk towards me and give me a hug.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes to the dress." She laughed slightly as her arms tightened around me. I hugged her back slightly tempted not to let go. 

"I think this is it, i'm gonna get this one." She smiled pulling away from me and turning to look at herself in the mirror. 

As I watched her look up and down at herself to take every inch in I couldn't help but think to myself how torn apart I will be if she marries him. I'm so in love with this girl. I didn't think I could ever have stronger feelings for her than I did an hour ago but seeing her in that dress only strengthened my feelings for her. 

I stood there and watched my Aunt place the veil on her head. In that moment I felt my whole entire world stop.

"Do you think Cody will like it?" And then I was shot back to reality.

"If he doesn't he's the most stupid man on earth." I said and Stella just smiled doing a twirl.

"I don't wanna take it off." She said with a giggle looking at her reflection.

"You can put it back on in two weeks." My Aunt reminded her and she smiled.

"Thank you for all of your help!" Stella said hugging her before walking back to the changing room. I stayed still, standing in place not remembering how to breathe for a second.

"Chance, can you tell me why you're letting the girl you're in love with marry another man?" My Aunt asked waking over to me.

"How'd you-"

"Hun, I've seen grooms that don't even look at their bride the way you look at her. It's the way my brother used to look at your mother.." My Aunt said and rested her hand on my shoulder.

"A word of advice, tell her before you have to forever hold your peace." She said and walked over to the register to tell the women that Stella was going to buy the dress.

I shut my eyes tight and sighed only to reopen them when I heard Stella approach.

"I'm so happy I only had to try on one dress, how crazy is that! My mom and Mia are gonna freak when they see it at the wedding." I gave her a soft smile but mainly kept quiet cause I had no words left to say. I was in love with her and a part of me knew it was selfish to try and ruin her happiness with Cody. But another part of me wanted her to have that happiness with me regardless.

The ride back to her house was silent besides her humming to the radio.

"Chance I just wanted to thank you for today. You're the best kind of person. I'm so grateful you're apart of my life." She said and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek before saying bye and quickly getting out fo my car. 

I lifted my hand to my cheek where the soft sensation was when her lips touched it. I never wanted to feel something again so much in my life. It was in that moment that I knew..I have to stop this wedding.