Twenty-two

Stella's Pov

As I stood in my room looking at myself in the mirror I wondered if my kindergarten self would recognize me. 

My eyes traveled from my pink lips down to my left hand looking at the ring on my finger. I lifted my hand and looking at it directly with a small sigh leaving my lips. Why wouldn't he tell me? Why did he wanna move anyway?

I didn't understand it. Any of it. And I truly wanted to but with only three days till our wedding I was sort of avoiding that conversation. 

"Hey Stell." Mia said with a smile as she walked into my room.

"Hey, whats got you in a smiley mood?" I asked her, more than thrilled to get my mind off of London. 

"Oh nothing.." She said grinning like a child getting ice cream.

"Are you sure-"

"Okay sheesh you pulled it out of me." She playfully eye rolled.

"Drews taking me on a date tonight!" Mia squealed and I giggled slightly at her excitement. 

"So I guess that means no mani-pedi massages for us." I said giving her puppy eyes and she gasped.

"I forgot, oh Stella I'm sorry!" She said and hugged me but I shook my head.

"Oh my gosh no don't apologize. You're gonna have a great time, and I have to go see Chance and Brooklyn...I wanna spend time with them before I leave ya know." I said and Mia gave me a small smile.

"That sounds like a great idea." 

As Mia started rummaging through both of our belongings to try and find an outfit for her date I looked at the ring on my finger one last time before grabbing my phone and walking out of my room and towards the front door.

"Mom, I'm going to Chance's house. Don't wait up!" I called and waited for her to respond before I headed out. 

Chance's Pov:

"Chance...Mrs.Kane called me and said they got the last rsvp for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding..." My mom said walking into my room where the guys and I were hanging out while Brooklyn took her nap.

"Should I be nervous? Why are you saying it like that?" I asked her as the room grew silent. 

"It's Emma. Stella's mom said she invited her out of courtesy not expecting her to say yes...but she did." My heart sunk as my eyes met back with my moms.

"Emma thats-"

"Yeah, Brooklyn's mom." I said cutting off Sergio. 

"Is that going to ruin your plan? On how you're gonna tell Stella?" Brady asked and I sighed.

"I honestly don't know." I said running a hand through my hair as the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." My mom said excusing herself. 

"So let's just say the wedding does go on, what color tie should I wear blue, or green?" Michael asked scrolling back and forth between pictures on his phone of the two options. I rolled my eyes just in time for Stella to walk into the room.

"Hey it's my favorite boyband!" She said and started to greet us by giving Drew a hug. 

"Hey I heard you're taking my best friend out tonight. I was gonna come up with a good line like 'you break her heart I break your face' but then I realized I'm half your size so if you break her heart I'll get chance to break your face, got it?" Stella said and smirked patting him on the shoulder before moving on to say hello to the rest of us leaving me for last. 

I hugged her and whispered "You look great Stell." In her ear before pulling away. She smiled at me as she sat in the bean bag chair next to the one I was previously sitting in. I sat back down and the guys immediately started making conversation with Stella asking her how she's been and if she needs everything. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even realize Brooklyn had woken up and stumbled in here.

"Look at my little flower girl, how are you my love!" Stella smiled as she hugged Brooklyn. Brooklyn had a sleepy smile on her face as she hugged back and almost didn't let go.

"Stella, don't leave. Please?" Brooklyn said pulling away from her slightly making the room go silent yet again. The boys looked at me to say something but I couldn't.

"Oh sweets, you know the last thing in the world I wanna do is leave you. But I'll be back before you know it. I pinky promise." Stella said giving Brooklyn her pinky. 

"You wouldn't need to pinky promise if you just stayed. Please don't leave like mommy did." Brooklyn said in her sleepy toddler voice making me tear up a little bit as well. I could tell Stella was trying to keep a pokerface but her eyes were teary and she was just taken back altogether. 

"Hey let's just enjoy the next few days love, okay? I will always be here for you Brooklyn no matter what." Stella said pulling her into a tight hug. 

"Okay well now that I am extremely emotional can we just watch Moana or something." Brady said tugging slightly at his curls making the awkward silence fill with soft laughter. 

"I second that." Stella said and started to lead the way downstairs with Brooklyn in hand. As the room started to empty Drew and I were the last ones.

"I know you didn't tell Brooklyn to say that, but I saw the way Stella looked at her. I think that was the opening argument for your case my man." Drew said quietly as he placed a hand on my shoulder and we made our way to the stairs to go watch Moana with everyone. 

As I saw Stella and Brooklyn cuddled up on the couch I silently thanked Brooklyn, if Stella couldn't see how much I wanted her to stay at least she could see how much Brooklyn does. 

A/N:

Hi!! Me again!! I know ew sorry lmfao. OKAY DISCLAIMER: I have absolutely nothing against Emma I'm more than positive she is a great mother but for the sake of the story I just need to portray her the way she is going to be portrayed and I do NOT condone any harassment or hate comments towards her because she gave Chance the gift of Brooklyn so if anything we should thank her not hate her. okay carry on. The next chapter should be coming very soon!! I love you guys so much and thanks for the support!!!