Chapter 9

I approached the kitchen and saw Jungkook cooking.
"Jeon Jungkook is cooking?"
He got startled and made a mess with what he was preparing as he was very concentrated in what he was doing.
"I am so sorry Jungkook"
"No don't worry I'll clean it up"
"Okay..." Was Jeon Jungkook really trying to be nice or was this a trap?
"Well the food is ruined so you want to go somewhere or order something?"
Seriously did Marisa stroke his head with the shovel or what? I mean that's not the Jungkook I know of.
"Uh... mh... I actually feel a little tired"
"We'll order then. What do you want?"
"I love Japanese"
"Japanese it is"
"Thank you" I looked at him with a confused face
"Why are you doing this Jungkook?"
"Doing what?"
"Trying to be nicer towards me"
"You'll see. After you passed out I felt that something had shaken my soul. I felt an immense pain in my heart and I couldn't believe what I did"
"And that's why you lied?"
"I am sorry okay? I am really sorry"
was he really sorry? I don't know what to believe anymore.
"Y/n, I've never had a relationship before, I've never even been around girls as smart or as pretty as you. I am new at this and I don't know why I am being a jerk"
"You haven't been in a relationship but you've already slept with half of Seoul's female idols or trainees not counting random one night stands. I've been in a relationship. I was with Vernon a year and we were so in love until my dad told me to break up with him to come to Seoul to marry a jerk. I don't know why that night of the party the time I was talking to Jimin, you called me a slut, a bimbo and many other awful things! When my dad announced that we were engaged, of course I wasn't happy, I still ain't but I am faithful but you, you came with a girl which name you didn't even remember, and only God knows with how many more girls you've slept with all of this time. The day I went to see your performance; to support you, you didn't even looked at my face not even to say thanks but instead, you ran after three women to do God knows what. Look apparently neither of us wants this marriage so the least thing we can do is be respectful, not harm the other person; emotionally or physically, and live peacefully under this roof. And as an advice, you have to change because if you don't, you'll never know what true love really is"
He couldn't believe what I just said. He was pale and he had a blank expression in his face
"Seems like a deal to me. I really promise it won't happen again... Well do you still want to order something?"
"No thanks, I lost my appetite"
Jungkook lowered his head. I think I really hurt him with what I just said.
I got into my room and started to think about what I just said and I do regret it, I shouldn't have said all those things.
I called Marisa and explain what just happened.
"Y/n I know it is going to be hard, but try to be nice at him!"
"I know!!! I feel terrible ughhh why did I told him that?"
"Well it doesn't matter anymore. Next time, be more gentle with him. Really I just want to see you happy"
"I know. By the way I forgot to tell you but my dad told me to give him 4 months and that if I still don't want to marry him, he'll call the wedding off"
"Well that's good! But seriously try to give him a shot"
"Okay! Well I'll get to your house tomorrow after my rehearsal"
"Sure. Love you"
"Love you more bitch"
I sighed and went downstairs to see if I could eat something because to be real, I was really hungry. I go downstairs and I see the table settled up and I approached it
"Have you changed your mind?" Jungkook asked
"Maybe"
"Would you like to eat with me?"
"Sure why not"
We sat and started to eat
"Thank you Jungkook. This is very good"
He just gave me a little smile
The rest of the time it was silent. Until
"Y/n, can we start over again?"
"Huh? What do you mean?"
"I mean that if you could be able to give me a second chance"
"Well"
"Please"
"I was going to say that everybody deserves a second chance so yes I can give you a second chance. But no more bullshit"
"Yes yes I promise. I'll be the best fiancé. Look for now let's not consider each other as fiancés or even boyfriend and girlfriend but as friends unless we won't be seeing, sleeping, kissing, etc other people. Deal?"
Should I trust him? No one can change in a day. And seeing Jungkook's behavior, I don't think he can quit women. But what I said is true, everybody deserves a second chance. And that non-romantic-friend thing is a very good deal.
"Can Jeon Jungkook really do that?" I teased him
"Don't try me y/n"
"Okay okay chill bro. Seems like a deal"
We finished eating
"Do you want to go get a coffee?"
"Jungkook, you don't have to buy me coffee or anything seriously I'm fine"
"Okay. But still do you want to?"
"Sure"
"Would you let me drive? I'll go buy a new car tomorrow and as you just got out of the hospital, I don't want you to drive"
"I want to walk actually. I wanna know Seoul. Let's walk"
"But you just..."
"Got out of the hospital? Blah blah blah... I ain't weak. Come on let's go"
"S-sure"
We started to walk and it started to rain literally five minutes after we left the house
"You must be kidding me"
"What is wrong? Don't you love rain? I do"
"Yes y/n I do, but you can catch a cold"
"Oh common you are starting to sound just like my grandma"
I saw a little coffee shop and I told Jungkook that I wanted to go there.

We got in and ordered

We got in and ordered. I ordered a green tea latte and he ordered an espresso.
We sat at one of the tables and we started to ask questions and one question that really made me sad was
"So... you told me you had a boyfriend. What was he like? What was his name?"
"Well. He is an amazing man. His name is Vernon, he is 4 years older than me, he is handsome as hell, the most respectful, kind, gentleman, smart, funny, good looking, loyal man ever. I loved... love him so much"
•••~~~•••
Jungkook's POV
Man... y/n really loves him and I am getting in the way I mean she talks marvelous things about him and if you would compare that Vernon guy with me, I am nothing. She deserves so much better. Y/n is right, she deserves better than me, I am a jerk but
"When should I tell her?"
•••~~~•••
Y/n's POV
Jungkook dazed off as I was talking to him and he then made a question
"When should I tell her?"
"Tell who? Tell what?"
•••~~~•••
Jungkook's POV
SHIT I talked out loud. Fuck!!!! I need to tell her everything and the sooner the better. I just need to find the right place and moment.