Chapter One

Hello there c: First of all, let me just say that the title "Stop the Tape & Rewind" is not just a random One Direction lyric that I chose like some people do..it actually applies to the story! So don't judge me, hahaha :) This is my first ever WattPad story, so I apologize if it's not that great, but I'm trying my best! I hope you enjoy, and remember to pay attention to detail :)

Oh, & since I already have a good amount of chapters written, i'll upload every Tuesday and Friday for now :)

Song for Today: Dance With Me Tonight by Olly Murs. I know it's pretty old but I will always love it :) It's so happy and cute and the video i linked to the side is the music video which is really cute too and...yeah. Sorry for rambling. You can start reading now :D

***

"Keep your eyes and dreams focused on the future." I was always told this growing up. Consequently, i never really thought about the past much. I figured it was just best to forget it; after all, you can't change it. This lifestyle helped me get through plenty of tough times; my grandfather's death, my best friend that moved when I was five years old, and of course, the 7th season of the X Factor UK that took place in 2010.

Let me explain further.

When I was 5 years old, my then-best-friend Talia and i were sitting in the park, eating popsicles on a humid day. We had just been talking like we normally did, when she suddenly told me she was moving in a week to go live in New Zealand. I was completely devastated. I told Talia how much I was going to miss her and how upset I was. She felt bad, mumbling a quick, "I'm sorry," and then she ran away. It was the last time I ever saw her.

I couldn't help it; I started crying. I was just a little girl, and I had lost my best friend.

I sat on the swing alone with my popsicle, not sure of what to do all by myself. From the corner of my eye, I saw someone start walking toward my direction. I thought nothing of it; there were lots of kids in the park because it was specifically a daycare place, and he/she could have been walking towards anyone. To my surprise, the little kid walked straight to me and stood right in front of my swing. I looked up at the figure through my tears and saw a short and scrawny boy about my age with dark hair. He had a cute button nose and his hair was short and straight for the most part. He just stood there, staring at me with bright, big green eyes. I stared back at him for a minute.

He frowned at me with concern in his eyes, and finally spoke. "Why are you crying?"

I was silent for a second, and then replied, "I just lost a friend."

He looked down at his feet. "Oh." Then, his frown turned into a smile and he climbed into the swing next to me. "Hey, I could be your friend!"

A tiny smile crept across my face as I responded, "Okay."

He set his hand on my leg cautiously to try and comfort me. He looked up at me to make sure it was okay. I smiled back at him, wiping away any tears that were left on my face.

"My name is Harry!" He said excitedly. "I'm 5 years old. What's your favorite color?"

I could tell it would be the start of a long friendship, and I was right.

Eleven years later, it was June 2010, and we were both 16. The school year was ending here where I live in Holmes Chapel. It was the last day of school, and I was sitting in science class with none other than Harry Edward Styles. Since it was our last day, our teacher had put on a movie, so of course, everyone was just talking instead of watching. I sat right in front of Harry in the back of the room.

I turned around to talk to him. "So... you're really gonna audition?"

"Yep." He replied.

I sighed. Harry had decided to go to the X Factor auditions later that summer. I was really happy for him, don't get me wrong. I just didn't want him to leave me.