Chapter 1

It was a normal day. Sun was shinning, the air was warm with a light breeze, birds chirped, and in the middle of it all was Ally, 16 year old girl with medium length, dark brown hair, and hazel eyes that sparkled.

Ally found it easier to sketch outdoors, which made the bench in the woods a perfect spot for inspiration. No one really walked on the path that the bench sat in. It was a little over grown and could easily be mistaken for a flattened meadow. However, Ally knew that it was a path and a rather beautiful one at that. Sometimes she wondered if anyone else knew about this place. Probably not, considering the fact that whenever someone would pass by they wouldn't even notice Ally sitting on the bench a little ways away from the main path.

Ally looked down at her phone as it buzzed, reminding her that it was 3:30. She finished one last line before closing her sketch book and putting it in her bag along with the pencil and eraser she had been using. She stood up and began to walk towards the main path which would lead to her bike.

The woods were only a few minutes away from her house and in the summer she was able to walk or ride her bike there whenever she wanted.

As Ally rode her bike away she looked over at the playground. There were a few kids running around and sliding down slides. Their parents would wave and smile back whenever the kids would yell to them. Ally smiled a little and then looked back forward just in time to see another boy riding his bike the opposite direction of her.

The boy was speeding down the hill not paying attention to anything. He was looking to his side. That's when they hit each other and they both fell to the ground with a thud.

Crash!

Ally could feel the wind knocked out of her and her head hurt. She was dazed and nauseous.

The boy, Charles, had no clue what had happened. One minute he's riding his bike the next he's laying on the ground.

Charles stood up and looked down at Ally. She was a pretty girl about the same age as him. She sat up and as soon as she did, Charles held out his hand to help her up, "Sorry...let me help you!"

Ally grabbed onto Charles' hand and pulled herself up. She felt sore and her whole body ached. It wasn't a pleasant feeling to be hit by a bike.

"Thanks." Ally brought her hand back to her side and looked up to see a teenage boy about her age staring at her. He had short black hair and gray eyes. He wore a leather jacket and a pair of dirty jeans.

"Sorry bout' that... guess I just wasn't paying attention." Charles looked down and saw a notepad of some sort opened. Not too far away from the notepad was a bag thrown on the ground.

Ally didn't try to deny that, she knew it was trouble to get involved with these types of guys, "Yeah I guess you weren't."

Charles looked at Ally, surprised at her response. He didn't know exactly what happened, all he knew was that he had just bumped into the prettiest girl in this town.