Chapter 18

Ever since her talk with Jonny, Ally had been dreading lunch. She didn't want to see Charles but she also wanted to yell at him and tell him he was a sick person. Now she was walking down the hall getting closer and closer every step to the cafeteria.

As she stepped into the loud lunch room she saw Jonny and Charles sitting at a table talking. Charles looked very upset and Jonny looked...he looked like he had a mixture of amusement and sympathy. Ally stopped for a quick second in the doorway trying to figure out where to go and Charles looked up at her with anger and sadness in his eyes. Obviously that wasn't the place to sit. So She moved towards a circular table that no one was sitting at and set down her bag. She decided to look back and give Charles the same look he gave her and of course he noticed.

That's when Jonny patted Charles on the back and walked over to Ally. Ally was surprised to see Charles follow behind him.

As Jonny sat down Charles did the same, "What the heck!!!"

Jonny looked over confused for a moment then tried to get Charles to be quiet, "Dude, you don't approach your ex like that!"

When the word ex came out of Jonny's mouth Ally perked up, "Since when did we break up?!"

Charles came back with a snide comment, "I don't know, why don't you ask yourself that!" His eyes had death written all over them.

"I never broke up with you! In fact I was the one who wanted to be with you!" Ally didn't even notice her voice getting louder and soon she had the attention of several tables nearby.

That didn't bother Charles at all because he just kept talking, "Oh, so you ditch me to go to the party with Jonny!?"

Ally was very confused at this point, "Yeah because you were going with someone else and Jonny asked me to go with him!"

Charles looked over at Jonny then back at Ally, he too was very confused, "I was going with you, no one else! Who told you that I was going with someone else?"

Ally didn't say anything, just slowly turned her head to look at Jonny who was sitting quietly with a scared look on his face.

Charles snapped his head over to Jonny, "Is this a joke or something?!" Charles was genuinely mad now. Even more mad than before.

"Hey, hey, now, yeah it was just a joke! I didn't think you guys would take it so seriously!"

Ally knew better than this and so she spoke up, "oh so that was just a joke?! Well I would have thought you would be a little bit more thoughtful  and ended the fight and told us before this! I know you're lying! You meant for us to break up! I don't give a crap why!" She stood up and walked out of the lunch room. At this point the whole cafeteria was quiet and all eyes were on the three of them.

Charles watched Ally walk out of the room and then stood up, "You're sick! I can't believe I trusted you!" Then he walked out to find Ally and make things right.