Chapter 16

There was only a couple days left till the party. Ally rushed around trying to find the perfect outfit. She wanted to look nice but she didn't want to look like she had tried too hard.

Charles, on the other hand, already knew what he was going to wear and wasn't stressing about it too much. Of course he wanted to look nice but he didn't mind as much as Ally. He had picked a pair of nice jeans and a plain shirt.

Charles was now sitting on his bed with his phone waiting for Ally to text him. It seemed almost as if she wouldn't text him. It was 11 o'clock and he still hadn't gotten a response. Charles' room was dark, shadows filled up the empty space and part was lit up by the moon. Charles finally concluded that Ally would not text tonight and set his phone down. He pulled the blankets over his body and closed his eyes.

Ally had not intended to be at the store so late. In fact, she had lost track of time. She didn't even look at the time until the clerk came up behind her and tapped her shoulder, "Miss, I'm sorry but I have to close the store now." Ally looked up and set the pink shirt she had been examining back onto the rack and took out her phone, 10:30. Ally had just nodded and walked out of the store back to her car. She opened the door and sat into the seat, put the keys in the ignition and drove away.

When Ally had got home she snuck in the door and tip tied to her room trying not to get caught. She made it to her room and quickly changed into her pajamas and payed down in bed.

To: Charles
From: Ally

Hey sorry I didn't text! I got caught up at the store and lost track of time.

That was it. Ally set her phone down and went to sleep. Her eyes closed by themselves out of sleepiness. Her body was in shut down mode.

The next morning Charles waited at the door like he usually did. He looked out and waited for Ally to get out of her car and see him. She would smile and walk faster. When she got into the school she would hug Charles and kiss him on the cheek but today... today was different. Ally didn't show up before the bell rang. Charles figured she just had to run to a class to get some extra help. So he left and went to his first class of the day, a little disappointed that she didn't show.

Ally was still sleeping, until her mom came in, "Ally!!! Why aren't you ready for school?! Your still in bed!!!"

Ally woke with a start, "What time is it!?"

"It's 7:37 which means you're late!!! Come on!!! Get up and get ready!!" Ally's mom was not pleased in the slightest. Her eyes spelled anger all over. Her nose was glaring in anger.

Ally jumped out of bed and looked down at her phone. The message that she had sent to Charles last night hadn't sent. Ally quickly sent another message.

Hey sorry! Last night I got caught up at the store and today I woke up late! Be at school soon! Love ya❤️

Ally set down her phone and quickly grabbed some clothes hair. Then she brushed her teeth and hair. Then she was out the door.