Chapter 5

"I already know what you're going to ask." Ally said.

Charles looked at her surprised, how did she know about the tickets, "oh... so is that a yes?"

Ally looked at him in a concerned way, "I don't know. I've also been thinking about it a lot. I've come to the conclusion that we know each other very well. We are ready for this step in our friendship. However, we have to think of how this will effect other people in our lives."

That's when Charles noticed that they were not talking about the same thing, he was talking about the concert that he had gotten tickets to. She was talking about dating. Perhaps, he had given her the wrong idea.

Ally continued on talking, "I mean, it's kinda obvious we both like each other and we shouldn't be denied our happiness.

Charles cut in and began talking, "Well... umm... actually, I just wanted to know if you wanted to go to a concert with me."

"Oh.... Forget what I just said." Ally blushed in embarrassment. How could she have been so stupid. Now she had done it. Now, if Charles was listening, he knew that she was interested in him.

"But, I mean I'm flattered that you think of me like that." Charles tried to contain his excitement, he was quite pleased.

Ally looked at him with stern eyes, "I said forget it. I didn't mean it!" She stood up and began to walk towards the door.

Charles quickly grabbed her hand, "Hold up, Ally."

Ally turned around and looked at him sternly, a little agitated and completely embarrassed, she didn't pull her hand away, "What!?"

"I...uh.... We could...." Charles stumbled over his words.

Ally rolled her eyes and pulled her hand away, "You What!? We what?! Just spit it out!"

Charles was shocked at how upset Ally was. Her face was a bright red and the more she tried to hide it the more red her face got, "Do you wanna go to the concert?"

"Your such an idiot! How could you be so ignorant!?" Ally walked out the door and when she was far enough away she wiped the tears off of her face. She had just made a fool of herself. In front of her crush, who doesn't feel the same about her. How much worse could it get?

Charles sat back down at the table where his ice cream and Ally's milkshake were and put his hands over his face. He had really messed up this time. Why didn't he just tell her? Things would have gone a lot better.

Ally found herself walking to the woods. She sat down on the bench and let the tears stream down her face. Maybe, if she had just listened she wouldn't look like an idiot now. Now there was no chance that he would date her. She was just another friend and she was caught up in the friend zone. Until now it hadn't seemed like  a big deal, now all of a sudden she discovered the feelings she had hidden for a very long time.

Charles stood up and threw the cups into the garbage can before walking out. He too was walking towards the woods. While he was walking he tried to figure out what he had done wrong. He just couldn't understand the big deal.

I thought Ally wanted to go to that concert.