Chapter 19

Charles had found Ally sitting in a corner outside the gym. It was hidden well so at first Charles walked right past her.

Ally looked up and then back down trying to decide wether to call him over or not. Instead she just moved a little as if not trying to make so much noise. She watched as Charles turned around and came back and saw her.

"Hey!" Was all he said.

Ally looked up as if she didn't notice him, "Oh hey." She said it a little more disappointed than she had meant.

"You want me to fix your phone?" Charles held out his hand like he already knew the answer.

Ally handed him her phone without using the passcode. He already knew her password and she waited for him to figure out what was wrong.

"I figured it out!" He spoke up again and turned the phone so that both of them could see, "Your turned your messaging off and so you couldn't get or send messages."

Ally couldn't decide wether she was annoyed or happy, "Thanks."

There was an awkward silence where the two just stared back and forth at each other, nothing to say. Then Charles once again spoke, "so... are we still good for the party tomorrow?"

Ally smiled and nodded her head, "Im still really excited." Now she was back to her normal mood. Happy and fun. She closed her sketch pad and moved over so Charles could sit next to her.

Charles willingly took the invitation and sat down.

Sometimes the best conversations aren't spoken. Sometime the best conversation come from nothing. Sometimes you don't even have to say anything for the other person to know what your thinking. Sometimes the best conversations are when a couple sit in silence holding hands. And that's exactly what Charles and Ally did.

What they didn't notice was that unspoken conversation, that silence where they were happy, that time where they didn't have to say anything for the other person to know what they were thinking, may be their last opportunity.

The bell rung, interrupting the silence that Ally and Charles were so satisfied with. They stood up and hugged then once again parted ways.

Ally wasn't too pleased that lunch had to end because now, instead of spending time with Charles, she would have to listen to a teacher lecture her about the importance of algebra.

Charles also wasn't too thrilled to be stuck in English class with Mrs. Bernick. The class had to write a 4 page essay about different languages. Mrs. Bernick was very strict and harsh. She gave bad grades if the students work was impeccable. Charles never did well in her class. He wasn't a good writer and half of the work that they did were essays.

After school Ally and Charles texted until 2 in the morning and then they both layed down and closed their eyes and fell asleep.

Ally was right, if she didn't go to that party with Charles, she would be missing out on something. Wether it was good or bad she didn't know. All she knew was it was going to be an eventful day.