Chapter 15

"So there's a party that's going on in a few weeks." Charles had said as they walked down the hallway, "Do you want to come with me?"

Ally had smiled and said she didn't know if she would have plans. She said she would think about it. Part of her wanted to go, part of her didn't. The party sounded fun and spending time with Charles sounded great, she couldn't shake off the feeling of chaos when she thought about going. She felt as if something was going to happen and she concluded that she didn't want to miss anything.

Now Ally was sitting on her bed texting Charles.

To: Ally
From: Charles

Can't wait!

To: Charles
From: Ally

Neither can I!! Ik something big is gonna happen and I want to know what!!! Plus hanging out with you is always fun!!😊

It was raining, pouring outside. Ally could hear the rain hitting the house and the wind slamming the shutters. Lightening brightened up her dark room every few minutes, followed with a quick bang of thunder. It was 10 at night and everyone in her house was sleeping. Despite being tired she stayed awake and texted Charles for another half hour then said her goodbyes.

Ally set down her phone on her bedside table and covered herself with the sheets. She set her head down on her pillow and looked up at the ceiling. She let the dark of her room swallow her up and then her eyes closed without her consent.