Chapter 11

"I've thought it over and... I want to be your girlfriend!" Ally smiled.

Charles' eyes lit up and he smiled back.

Ally hugged him and went inside closing the door behind her as Charles walked back to his car.

Both of them were happy and they thought they would last forever but they didn't know that tragedy awaited them right around the corner.

It was a cooler summer night with a slight breeze. There wasn't much sound except for those of owls and crickets. The sky was lit up by the full moon. The stars shown in the sky like little fireflies.

Ally walked upstairs to her room and flipped down on her bed. She looked up at her ceiling and smiled. Tonight had not turned out how she had expected. She thought it would be a sad night and she would end up running to her room crying when she got home. Instead she was smiling, sure she had gotten a spook but that didn't matter at all. The only thing that mattered was that Charles had come to her rescue. Sure at first she was nervous but those nerves soon became excitement. Her mind was racing. Her face still burned from her goodbye with Charles. There wasn't anything in the world that could have made her happier.

Charles drove himself home, he was able to contain himself more easily. He was excited and happy, he was overjoyed. When he got home he opened his fridge door and grabbed a can of soda. He opened the soda a took a sip then set the van down on his table. He reached into his coat pocket and took out his phone. He began to type hey then backspaced it. He sat down trying to figure out what to say. Charles stared down at his phone that was opened to the messaging app. His fingers hit the keypad and spelled words but none of them seemed like the right thing to say.

Ally also struggled. She decided to wait for Charles to text her, she didn't want to be obsessive. After an hour of no response she decided to text him. Her heart Pounded as she clicked the send button.

To: Charles
From: Ally

Hey! I had a great time! Thanks!

When Charles heard his phone buzz he quickly grabbed it and looked down to see that Ally had texted him. He smiled and typed back.

To: Ally
From: Charles

Same here!

To: Charles
From: Ally

Good!

To: Ally
From: Charles

Yeah

Neither of them knew what to say to each other, there was nothing to talk about, nothing to say, just a silence that seemed to never end.

To: Charles
From: Ally

So what's up

She used the standard texting that anyone would use. What's up was a great way to get a conversation started.

To: Ally
From: Charles

Nm just texting you

To: Charles
From: Ally

Cool

To: Ally
From: Charles

Yeah. You?

To: Charles
From: Ally

Same here.

To: Ally
From: Charles

Cool

Then there was more awkward silence. Both of them sat and waited for the other to say something. Anything.

To: Charles
From: Ally

Well I gtg bye

That was that. Ally sat down her phone and flopped her head back down on her bed. Charles typed back disappointed that the night had ended and tomorrow would be a new day. One day closer to the beginning of a new school year. In a way both of them were sad and excited at the same time. They both wished that the night they spent together could last forever but they knew that time must move on and as it did they would become closer. They would have had a beautiful love story to tell too if it wasn't for a big mistake.