My Mistakes I've Made Won't Leave Me Alone

"Did you get any information?" Dad asked urgently. I wondered if I should tell him Alex poured his heart and soul out to me. But no matter how much I wanted to, I just couldn't bring myself to tell my father anything.

"N-no." I lied.

"You're lying. Your heart sped up." Dad informed, narrowing his eyes.

"W-well i-it's b-because." I stammered, looking for an answer. Suddenly a though came to mind. "A creepy guy wanted to take me home, he actually tried to take me but Alex saved me. I guess I just get nervous when I think about it." I lied, well it was sort of true. Every time I thought of how angry Alex got when the man tried to grab me, my heart would skip a beat. But I don't know if it made me like him more, or fear him. 

"Are you alright?" Dad asked, his eyes growing wide.

"Yes, I'm fine, I just got a little scratch on my arm is all." I replied.

"Alright, if you receive any new information then let me know, and sweetie...Please stay safe." he hugged me, kissed the top of my head and exited. I sighed and walked to Ashley's room. I really needed some girl talk. She, of course, was glad to listen to me about how Alex and I had the heart to heart, how I was worried because I knew he was winning the bet, and how my dad wants me to give information that I can't bring myself to disclose. She and I hugged for a while and then hung out in eachother's company. It was nice and made me feel better but I knew I had to practice math. I got my text book, paper and a pencil and sat on my bed trying to understand the damn concept.

"Fuck this fucking bullshit. This is pointless I fucking hate math I fucking swear to got I'm going to rip apart this shitting damn book if I get one more fucking problem fucking wrong I swear to fuck." I whispered to myself.

"Sounds like someone's having trouble." I heard Alex's amused voice at the door.

"Fuck off, I don't have time for your bullshit." I mumbled. He just laughed and walked in.

"What's the problem?" He asked, laying on my bed next to me. I pointed at the complicated problem. He examined it for a moment before working out in front of my eyes.

"Okay, you subtract two from here, then you divide by seven. Then subtract forty-two from there and here." He explained, as I followed his instructions until the problem read:

X=83

"Whoa, when did you learn all that?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"When you've been alive for as long as I have, learning is a great way of entertaining yourself." He said, writing down the next problem. We worked together until things were starting to makes sense. Whenever I'd start to get pissed again, he'd crack a joke and make me smile and helped me through it. One hour later, all of my math was finished.

"Thanks." I sighed, my brain was fried but I was done.

"Anytime, if you run into trouble. Come let me know." He said seriously, studying my face. I had the feeling he wasn't talking about math. Just then, there was a knock at the front door. I got up to answer it, leaving Alex in my room. I opened the door lazily but froze when I saw who it was. Brent was standing at my door, his evil grin bearing down on me, freezing me to my core.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?"