Chapter 42: Sam

Sams P.O.V

She was alive.

The only girl I've truly loved was alive.

Did I feel guilty about just leaving Frankie like that.

Yeah, but I had to find Sarah.

There's this thing in love, called a side effect.

It drives you crazy, it's kinda that thing that makes you sad when they're gone, and makes you happy when there back.

I had that feeling again.

I just wanted to hold her in my arms.

Hold her close and never let her go.

I stumbled out into Times Square.

Sam, you don't know where your going. You don't know where she is.

I bet a fan does. That would make sense considering how they stalk Chandler all the time.

Chandler.

Surely he was just her replacement like Frankie was mine, a way to get past the pain.

But what if he wasn't.

What if they had a life together.

What if she loved him more than me.

"Hey do you know chandler Riggs apartment?" I asked a fangirl wearing some zombie shirt.

"Heh, he lives in the apartment building on the right down that street. I don't know they exact number but it shouldn't be hard to find."

She went on laughing like it was some joke.

I was surprised she would just give it up.

The look on her face was as if she didn't know who I was which was a good thing.

I didn't need people all around me when I was trying to find the girl I really cared about.

I walked up the steps and knocked on the first door.

"Coming dearie." An old lady hollered from the back.

"Oh no wrong house sorry."

I winced backing up to the next room.

Surely he wouldn't be on the first floor.

I decided to walk a couple floors up to the more expensive apartments.

I chose one with my gut and knocked.

"I'll get it." That familiar voice called.

The door knob twisted, and her face appeared in the door.

"Sam." She sighed.

Hannah's P.o.V

He got to the apartment building before we could.

"Crap!" I cursed as Trevor grabbed my hand so we could twist through the crowded streets.

We walked up the steps after him.

He was moving at a fast pace.

We hit traffic, a huge traffic jam and Sam kept walking.

Why was he so determined to find Sarah? She was perfectly happy without this drama she didn't want Sam anymore.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"I don't know, I feel like this group is too big, we should split up. Frankie and I can go around the back of the apartment building. Connor and haven can go up the latter step thingy to their apartment. And you and Trevor just follow Sam. Text me if you find anything." Jc said.