Chapter 39: THE WEDDING

Havens P.O.V

I woke up next to Connor facing me.

I would be creeped out but he was asleep too.

I pulled one of those kissy wake up things.

I felt him smile against my lips.

"Good morning beautiful. You ready."

"I can't wait, this will be amazing. I know it." I said.

"I have to meet the boys in there room cause I can't see you. But I will see you at 3. I love you." He smiled kissing me.

I still couldn't believe Connor was mine.

He was the person that made me happy.

When nothing else in the world did.

*back story time!*

I pulled off this happy vibe. I always did.

But deep down in the black pit of my stomach, there was always regret.

Regret that I couldn't save my mom.

I lived with my brother till I was 16, them it was all me.

My mom took me down to Florida when I was eight.

I was tall enough to sit in the front and I always looked two years older than I actually was.

My mom blasted nirvana through the speakers as we drove from our small town in Georgia to Florida.

That's when the hurricane hit us.

Hard.

We were driving by the coast thinking it was just a strong wind and heavy rain.

But the music distracted us so much we didn't realize we weren't even on the road.

We were driving along the shoreline.

And the tide picked up the car from underneath turning us around.

My mom hit her head making her black out as water rose fast above our heads.

I sucked in as much air as possible and unclipped my buckle, doing the same for my mom.

But it was too late. I was running out of air.

I broke the window and swam out.

Watching my mom float away.

I swam back in tears knowing I had no way home.

That's how I lived with my brother in Minnesota. He picked me up and I've had a small form of depression ever since.

But Connor made me happy.

He was the first person I talked too in high school.

And now were Getting married.

Hannah walked in with Madison in her arms.

"SHES SO CUTE." Hannah said in a throaty kind of voice. I laughed sitting up to take her as Frankie and Jessica pulled out my dress.

It was white (duh) with a long train.

Rhinestones beaded the top of the strapless gown.

And a waistline belt dotted with emeralds made the dress a perfect 3500 dollars.

Okay so it was a little pricey but hey, it's a girls wedding day, I needed to feel like a princess before I was waited down by another human attached to me like a leech.