chapter four

At this time, Thor was explaining to Steve how they play.

      "These are the Dark Elves, they're the bad guys, and these are the Asgardians,  and those are the Midgardians."

      Steve looked on curiously.

      Thor continued. "And my brother is on my team, but you can be on my team too if you want."

      "I'll play the bad guys." Steve said and moved himself to the Dark Elves side.

      Loki looked shocked and confused. "But you're always for truth, honor and patriotism!"

      Steve shrugged. "Yeah I am, but I'm like that all the time in real life so, sometimes I like to pretend I'm a bad guy."

      Loki shrugged and they commenced playing while you held Bruce and talked to Fury on the phone. 

      "Well, at one point Tony was sounding a lot like his adult self. ... Not in voice but- ... I suppose."

      Clint tugged at your clothing.

      "Hold on a second." You muted the phone. "Yes Clint?"

      "Where are my real arrows?"

      You looked confused. "I've never given you real arrows..."

      "No, no. The ones from before! When I was big. How can I fight if I don't have arrows?"

      Your eyes grew wide with concern. "One second sweetie, go play and I'll talk to you about it in a little bit, ok?"

      "About what?" He asked, looking confused.

      "About the arrows." You said, looking just as confused.

      "I have them right here." He said, and showed you his toy ones before running off to play with Natasha. 

      You got back on the phone with Fury. "Clint almost became lucid."

      "Lucid?"

      "The state they are in is almost a dream like state, where they accept the odd change in age as reality. And to become lucid in a dream is to know that you're dreaming."

      "And you said that he was almost lucid?"

      "Yes. Should I encourage it next time?"

      "No. We don't know what could happen."

      "Ok."

      You heard Phil's voice in the background,  asking for the phone and Fury said, "Phil wants to talk to you."

      "Oh, ok."

      "Hello?" Phil said.

      "Hi Phil."

      "How is it going?"

      "Oh..." 

      "Stop it Clint!" Loki glared as Clint and Tasha ran through Steve's army.

      Meanwhile, Steve was just glad he finally had befriended someone.

      Then as Natasha and Clint played, they ran through Loki's toy army as well, effectively moving his carefully placed action figures, as well as Thor's lazily placed ones, all over the floor. 

      "Hey!" Yipped Loki.

      Clint and Natasha stopped and looked at the mess they made.

      "You ruined everything!" Loki said, fustrated. "Don't you ever look where you're going, you stupid oafs?!"

      Natasha's eyes started to water and Clint gave Loki a deadly glare.
      "You made her cry!" Clint tackled Loki and punched his face, making Loki's eyes water.

      "No one hurts my little brother!" Thor roared angrily and threw his small hammer at Clint, knocking him to the wall with a small thud.

      You practically screamed in panic, while Phil heard the whole thing. "I gotta go Phil." You said and hung up the phone.

      "Tony, put Bruce in the crib in the other room please, I don't want to upset him."

      "Got it." He said and quickly did as you asked.

      Thor was craddling his little brother in his arms while Loki cried quietly.

      Clint was stuck under Thor's hammer. Natasha tried to pick it up but she could not. "It's stuck!" She exclaimed.

      "I can't get up! I can't get up!" Clint yipped, panicking a lot like a turtle on its back.

      You looked at Thor and he promptly summoned his hammer so Clint could get up. "Are you ok?" You asked Clint.

      "Yeah..." He said, rubbing his head.

      You went over to Loki and Thor. "Let me see him." You said gently and Thor handed his little brother over to your waiting arms. His pale little face was flushed and bruised.

      You sighed and kissed his forehead.

      You carried him to the kitchen and got some ice for him but he shooed it away and cooled his own wounds with his Jotun abilities. 

      "Now listen everyone." You announced. "No more hitting. I don't care who did what to you. If someone does something bad, you come to me understand?"

      They all muttered, "Yes ma'am."

      "Good." You said definitively.