Thank You, Everyone

Chapter 5

Finally, the votes were counted and the results are out.

Without delays, I immediately ran towards the bulletin board where the results are posted.

When I set my feet there, my forehead wrinkles.

As expected, many students are gathered there, but what bewilders me is their expressions.

Others were chattering with sad face painted on their faces while the remainings are startled and speechless. An expression like they can't believe what they saw.

My heart throbs at the scene and I slowly proceeded to the center holding my breath.

When the students witnessed my sudden actions they all looked away as if they were guilty.

Finally, I read the results.

Voting Results for the Consideration of the President of the Student Council.

Due to a news spread around the school, Ichinose Haru's action was once again judge by the student body. 86% of the student body had voted. 5% is currently not in school. 9% didn't able to vote.

72% Voted Guilty

28% Voted Not Guilty

Thus, this means Ichinose Haru was declared guilty and cannot remain as the student council president anymore. She will be a normal student again. Therefore, Vice President, Iwasaki Reiko shall take her place. Thank you for cooperating with us.

Tenjou Academy's Administrators.

My eyes widened and my mouth gaped. I am judged as guilty. I am not the president anymore.

"Haru, you can do it! I believe in your abilities!"

I heard Yoshii-sensei's words in my mind.

I failed Yoshii-sensei.

Tears ran through my cheeks as I twizzled and scrammed from the results that painted my fate.

I lost. I lost. I lost. I keep uttering in my mind as I continue running, don't know where my feet will take me to.

My tears keep flowing from my eyes and my heart is aching.

Rain started to fall.

Even the sky told me how lonely and betrayed I feel now.

I expected much from myself but here I am. My wings were detached from me and I fall down really hard on the ground.

I made it to the botanical garden of the school. It's the perfect place to cry because it was a deserted place.

I whined as hard as I can. I looked up to the sky who produces the cold rain. I screamed in pain.

But my outburst was cut off when abruptly a hand jerked my wrist and I was enclosed in a very familiar arms. His scent is lingering inside of me.

I sniffed then I hugged him back. I cried on his soaking wet blue polo. "Sensei..." I whispered feeling his wet yet warm body on my skin.

"Shh... It's okay. It's okay." he mumbles in my ear, pressing me closer to him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Sensei. I faile--"

"Shh!" He slightly pushed me away from his embrace. He cupped my face. "Haru, it's not your fault! You did your best and you surpassed my expectations."