Extra One-shot Story: Princess, I Love You

Chapter 8

[Naoko's POV]

I am Naoko Hinata, fifteen years old, first year at Tenjou Academy, and a princess.

"Naoko-chan is so cute,"

"Yeah. I wonder if she had a boyfriend?"

"Maybe she is waiting for him right now?"

Those were the conversations of the boys behind me at the school gate.

I don't really pay much attention to them. I'm actually irritated at the moment.

What took him so long? That guy, he's really annoying. He's always coming so late.

I frowned as he is still not coming. Any minute now and I'll explode in anger. I'm not such a patient person at all.

"Naoko-chan, sorry for--AH!"

Tasuke Sugiyama's face catched my flying bag that I threw with all my strength. "BAKA! Who said you can keep me waiting?!" I yelled, infuriating.

Tasuke caress his wounded nose while pouting at me. "Sorry. I just took care of something," he apologized.

"Something?! Is there something more important than me?!" I bawled.

"There isn't. Naoko is the most important to me," his fast reply.

My cheeks immediately turned crimson red. I looked away to hide my blushing face. "D-Did you bring it?" I asked.

"Ah, yes!" Tasuke bring out my violin case behind him. "Here," he said then he hands it to me.

I took it. "It's your fault that I'm gonna be late on my practice!" I yelled at him then without further ado I took my egress imprisoning my violin in my arms.

Tasuke and I are childhood friends. He lives beside our house, so we are literally neighbors. But there's a big difference between us.

I am the only daughter of a wealthy man named Eiji Hinata, while Tasuke is the son of my father's most loyal employee, Sugiyama Hiro-san.

Because my father is a busy man taking care of his company and with my mother deceased for about twelve years now, I'm always left alone inside our enormous house.

But Mrs. Sugiyama, Tasuke's mom always took me inside their house to look after me and Tasuke at the same time.

But I never really look down to the people who live in the lower community.

I've always wanted to make a lot of friends but I always fail.

The first time I made friends with a girl, she got envy with me and decided to bully me instead.

The second time I did it again was a fail, too. Because that boy only wants my money and my expensive toys.

"Naoko-chan, how was it?"

I flinched when Tasuke just popped out in front of me.

Because I was surprised, I hit him with my bag. "Don't surprise me like that ever again!" I yelled with my cheeks shaded scarlet.

Tasuke touched his face that I hit. "Sorry, princess," he apologized.

I sighed in exasperation. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in the student council?"

"Ah, it's okay. Prez said I could go now. She can handle everything you know," he said with his face a bit shining.

I pouted. Tasuke is always talking about the president. "Then why are you here?" I scoffed.