Freedom To Love

Chapter 17

[Kaname's POV]

Graduation day. It's the day I'll finally leave highschool life. And my highschool life is full of pain and hatred. My first love rejected me over and over again.

Sighing, I shifted from the window to my sit. As always, I received a lot of gifts from my suitors. I actually don't know what to do with all of those.

"Kaname-sempai," called out from my juniors who really adore me a lot.

I beamed at them.

"Sempai, omedetou on your graduation. Thank you for all the fun memories that we shared. We love you!" they greeted as they bowed theyir heads.

I chuckled. "I love you, too, guys," I uttered.

"Sempai, there's also someone who wants to talk to you," one of them announced.

My forehead wrinkled. "Someone? Who is that som--" my question was cut when a silhouette entered the room. My eyes immediately rage in anger when I recognized the guy who is looking straight to me.

"What are you doing here?" I yapped at Shuichiro.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"Sempai, we'll get going," the juniors murmured then they headed outside and further.

"No, we can't," I firmly replied then I walked pass through him.

"Haruna, just listen to me, will you?" Shuichiro implored.

But I don't care anymore. I was hurt many times because of him. I don't wanna get hurt one more time. I can't handle it anymore. So I keep walking and ignoring him.

"I love you!" he shouted. "That is what you want to hear, right? I love you, Haruna."

With my eyes swelling I turned back to him. Am I just imagining things or hearing something impossible? He didn't say those magical three words, right?

I gulped. "W-What did you say?" I asked, anxiously.

"You heard it right." he confirmed with a steady blushing face.

"B-But..."

"Haru is like a sister to me. The one on the picture it's not Haru but it's true that I used to love that girl. She's Rushia, my childhood sweetheart. Rushia also loved me deeply and we both promised to be together. But something unexpected happen. She met an accident and was confine to the hospital and there she find out that she's been sick all this time and there's no cure for it. Back at that time I was very afraid of losing her. She promised me that she'll be fine until my birthday but in return I should promise to her that I'll be own by her until I graduated highschool. I believe on our promise to each other. She fulfilled her promise to stay on my two birthdays, but she passed away after we graduated on middle school. But I'm still holding my promise to her that I'll be all hers until graduation. So when I met you, I did all my best to reject you even though my heart keeps beating faster for you. I keep concealing my feelings and I avoided you many times. I tried hard to fight the jealousy that is eating me whenever I saw a lot of men is hanging around with you. But there comes a time that I can't control it so I'm looking at Rushia's photo to stop myself from coming near you. But now,..." he smiled.  "...I already have my freedom so I am yours alone now, Haruna so please tell me what should I do..." he explained meaningfully.

"Shuichiro, I... I don't know what to say.. I mean all this time you're just hiding your feelings towards me? To think that I even planned to have my revenge on you. I'm... I'm sorry for misunderstanding.. I'm so sorry.." I apologized, between my cries.