Stronger!

Chapter 6

Continuation...

~Flashback~

[Ryuu's POV]

Everything started to get vague on my sight. I didn't realized that my tears are already running down my cheeks and lost with words to express I slid down the wall and slowly rest my butt on the cold tiles of my room. I buried my face in my crossed arms over my bended knees.

It really hurts knowing that I will never see Reiko's smiling face again. All I could do at the moment is wish that I could go back in time and cherish her sweet scent and warm hands holding mine.

I sighed, releasing myself in an impossible dream.

"Reiko! Stop it already! He's not going!"

I flinched with my eyes wide hearing those words coming from outside of their house.

"No! At the very last moment, I believe that he will finally get out and come with me!"

I immediately jumped off of my place and searched for that raging voice of Reiko. There's no doubt that it is indeed Reiko's voice! She came!

I stormed towards my window and slid the curtains open and there I blinked twice before I saw a figure that's just looks like her. No. It was really her. It was her standing in front of our house.

"Stop it, Reiko! There are things that you should give up!"

But then, I paused when I saw another female figure which is doubled her size constantly wrapping her hand on Reiko's arm.

I recognized her as Reiko's mother. I've seen her a few times while Reiko and I is having a sparring back at their dojou.

"No! Someone told me that once you give up you'll forever regret it. In a battle if you lose on your opponent even though you gave everything you've got, then all you have to do is to become stronger to be able to defeat the odds in the rematch. Losing is not a reason to give up, instead you should learn from it and know your own weaknesses. If you already know your weakness, then you will know how to defend yourself. But if you lose in your own weakness, you'll never become stronger. Because of those words, I become stronger so now I want to return the favor by making him a stronger person!" Reiko cried and her mother hugged her for that.

But with those words, I was awakened. I heard those words before. Those words... I'm sure of it that it came out from my own mouth. Then memories started to flash in my head.

Several months ago, it's summer break and by that time, I was really addicted on playing fighting games. I stopped by at the park and play games while waiting for my mother who promised tp come back after buying some snacks in the convenience store when suddenly, I heard cries. Because of my curiousity, I searched for where it was coming from and spotted a girl wearing pure white loose polo and pants with a red fabric hugging her waist. And I don't have to be a genius to noticed that that cries probably came from her.

I felt pity for her when I saw her filled with dusts, grasses and bruises. It's like she came out from a severe fight.

I slowly approached her and gave her a smile even though she looked at me with skeptical eyes. I talked to her and tell her, I won't hurt her then she told me that she lost in a very important fight. Feeling sorry for her and wanting to cheer her up I mentioned those words. Those encouraging words I learned from playing a lot of games. I told it to her to make her feel better.

And I never thought that those words are actually the reason why Reiko is always there for me.

"I've been watching you far too long."