Perseverance

Chapter 5

[Haru's POV]

I reached the glass of iced tea in front of me and sip in the straw a little. "I'll listen to whatever you want to say," I told Ryuu, sincerely.

He nodded his head. "It all started on my grade school. I was at 6th grade. Back then, I was really a fat ugly kid who always get bullied by some lunatic kid...."

~Flashback~

[Ryuu's POV]

"Take that! And that, you fatty ugly moron!" mocked by Charlie Durant, the number one bully in our school. He's an exchange student from America and he's infamous on making us, weaklings, cry.

He loves to throw punches and kicks towards me whenever he's upset on something. It's like he is using me as his personal human punching bag.

He's an absolute lunatic! And I can't do anything about him because no one wants to stand againts him even the teachers. His father is the school director and he was unfairly favored by the board members. They're all useless!

School is nothing but hell for me!

Panting, I rested my body that is filled with bruises on the swing in the playground in the park near our house. My mother will get worried about me again if she saw me like this. I can't even move a limb and I'm too feeble and crushed to help myself and cure my wounds.

My tears just started to burst out of my eyes. I cry it all. My hatred, my pain, and my weakness. I'm nothing but a fat ugly boy who can't even protect my own self.

"Listen, fatass, if you don't do what I say, I'll do it in all my power to make your life like a living hell. Do you understand?"

Those are the threatening words from the demon Charlie.

I hate him the most! That guy is nothing but a conceited jerk who loves to play tricks on everyone. He's using his father's position to manipulate everyone around him. He is a coward asshole concealing his weak self behind his father.

Real world is really unfair! I hate this world!

"Why don't you fight back?"

I flinched when I heard that voice. I slowly perked up throwing a glance to the little girl who is standing in front of me.

"Are you just going to let him beat you like this?" she continued then she sat on the swing beside me. "If you really want to, you can also beat that guy," she chuckled, "Specially, with that healthy body of yours. Right, ne?" she said, constantly beaming at me.

I stared at her tainted with skeptical thuoghts and wondering who is she and why is she talking to me as if she knows everything that I'm going through. She's like a mysterious angel who happened to pass by in my way. "It has nothing to do with you, and more importantly you don't know anything so stop pretending like you are someone who knows everything and is capable of fixing the problems of someone you just met. Trying to tangle up with other people's problem, specially a stranger is something I call STUPID," I stated, firmly mostly the last word.

But I regretted what I said when I abruptly saw pain in her eyes, but I also refuse to take it back, because I don't have the courage to make a mistake again that could put that loneliness on her eyes.

"I know how you feel so you don't have to push me away. I know that Ryuu is a kind boy and you're just afraid to fight back because you want to protect the people around you," she stated, staring beneath me.

She's looking at beyond what her eyes can see, instead she's looking through me. Looking through what’s inside of me. She can see through my feelings.