Chapter 1

I had the perfect life. Perfect husband, , living with good money-there's not much more I could ask for. I was a first class passenger on Titanic. They all called me 'new money' as I married into riches, but It didn't bother me. I had perfect manners and the perfect attitude. However that's expected of a woman in 1912. I wouldn't call myself a woman yet, only being 18. James and I had had an arranged marriage last year, but I wouldn't change a thing.

We were sat in the back of our car, on the way to Southampton Dock, it was sailing day and you could almost taste the anticipation.

"You know darling, you really shouldn't wear black on sailing day." James told me.

"Yes well it was the only dress that looks nice that I didn't pack." I smiled back.

"You just went on a shopping spree in London and brought almost 30 dresses!" he laughed.

"Most of which I packed or didn't see appropriate." I replied. He just shook his head and laughed as if to say "typical".

"So what about that lingerie you brought?" he asked me, smirking.

"What about it?"

"Well do I expect a fashion show any time soon or?"

I smacked him playfully, he always made jokes like that, it was something I loved about him.

I heard the horn beep, and looked out of the window, there it was, the grandest ship in the world. The Titanic.

"You know they say this ship is unsinkable?" James told me-smugly.

"You're calling me arrogant?"

"Apparently so."

The car door opened and the chauffeur took my hand to help me out of the car. I just looked in awe, there were no words to describe it. I couldn't believe that I was part of this event, it was amazing...