Chapter 13

I looked at James, he looked at me, and nodded his head, as if to say 'you're going to be ok'. I felt a jolt, the lifeboat started to lower, I was slowly being pulled away from my life. I had nothing, the love of my life was being taken away in front of my eyes, and I was now penniless. I was still staring into James's eyes, thinking about everything I was going to lose. Something was going through my mind, I couldn't grasp what it was, but it was driving me forward. Before I knew it, I was jumping, out of the boat. I grabbed for the side of the ship, barely making the jump, I was hanging on.

"ELIZABETH!" James screamed, in shock. Someone put their hands on my waist, and pulled me down. My life flashed before my eyes, It was one of the scariest things I'd ever done. I was on the second deck now, so I ran, back up, back to James. He was at the top of the staircase. I ran up to him, and I almost jumped on him.

"What the hell do you think you were doing?" James cried.

"Like I said, I don't care If I live or die, as long as I'm with you."

"You're such an idiot."

"I love you- I didn't want to go."

"I love you too.We'll have to figure out how to make this work. Ok?"

I nodded- you could feel the ship sinking under your feet. We didn't have long. It was terrifying, we had to make the decision of what to do, wether to live or die.

What to do was unclear, but we were going to stay together, no matter what happened. J.J and Mr Guggenheim were sharing a drink in their final hours, supposedly wanting to go down like men. And not make a fuss of what was to come. I didn't know how they decided to just drop everything and leave their families. It was brave, a brave thing that I could never do...