Chapter 3

I quickly returned to the room after the ship had left the port, and James greeted me with a glass of champagne. "Think of this trip as a new beginning, not just a holiday." He said to me as I took the glass.

"Well it is, we're moving back to America."

I'd been in England since I was 15, for my last few years of schooling. James was 21, he'd come to England to study at Oxford-but we thought now was a good time to return home.

"To new beginnings!" he toasted.

"To new beginnings"

"So what do you say to a little stroll around the ship?" he said, while kissing me. I grabbed my scarf,took his hand, and set off to look around the ship.

It was amazing, the architecture and sculpturing was exquisite. We took an hour or so to have afternoon tea and meet some of the passengers that had also boarded in Southampton. I didn't care for many of them, they didn't seem to see a world outside the first class dining room.

When we returned to the room, I sighed, and sat mournfully in the chaise lounge.

"My darling Queen of Sheba what could be the matter?" James teased.

"The world is caving in-all of these people only seem to care about the economy and how to hire good staff."

"Oh what will we do with this terrible life?"

"I could fix it" I smiled, as I pulled him down onto the lounge with me. I kissed his forehead, and then his lips, and his neck. He ran his fingers through my loose curls and kissed me like he was going to war. It was positively the best time I'd spent with him. His hands round my waist, mine around his neck, we lay next to each other, just looking into each other's eyes. Even though it was just a kiss- it meant a lot.

"So, shall we dress for dinner?" James asked, adjusting his blazer.

"Yeah" I replied, pulling my hair behind my neck "Olivia?" I shouted for my maid to help me dress. She came in quickly, and helped to do up my corset, and put my hair into a bun. My dress was a deep green silk, with black beading on the skirt, I wore it with white gloves. James came out in a tuxedo, and put him arm out to escort me to dinner- I was proud to be his wife...