Chapter 8

Again, the next morning James was still asleep when I woke up.
"Darling?" I said, as I tapped his shoulder. He groaned,and mumbled "what?"
"You need to wake up we have the church service this morning"
He moaned and then got out of bed, and proceeded to dress. Like always, Olivia came in to dress me, and I picked out a pastel blue tea dress, with a white lace cover on the torso. I let my blonde, curly hair loose down my back, apart from pulling two sections back with an ornamental hair comb. When I came out James was already dressed.
"You look..." he began. "I can't even describe, more than amazing." And he kissed me, for what seemed like hours, slowly, passionately. I just thought how lucky I was to have a husband that was so considerate of me.

"Oh hear us when we cry to thee, for those in peril on the sea." I sung, while in the worship service. You could see that James was disinterested, but I'd been brought up Christian, so he'd agreed to visit church with me. After the service, we stopped to catch up With Thomas, J.J, Madeline and the countess- when I overheard two people gossiping about James and I.
"Oh yes, I think they just do it for show- when they get back to the room they probably don't even talk to each other" I was offended by this, and even though he didn't say anything- you could tell he heard, you could tell he was upset.
"So we'll expect to see you all at dinner?" James asked.
He was replied to by nodding and waving as people returned to their everyday activities.
"So what shall we do for the rest of the day darling?" I asked.
"Well we could do the usual, walk around the decks, talk a little?"
"Yes, sounds perfect."
And that's what we did.

I wanted to outdo myself at dinner that night- I wanted to look beautiful. I picked out a white chiffon dress, with a layered skirt, and pearls on every tier of the skirt. I let my hair loose down my back, and put on my pearl and diamond choker.
"You're too much" James remarked when I stepped out of my room. "You're just too beautiful", he put his hand out and I took it. You could see there was something on his mind that night- until the end of the meal, when he picked up his glass, and began to speak.
"May we just have a toast for my wife, my soulmate, my love, Elizabeth." I blushed as he spoke." I would be nothing without this woman and I truly love her with all my heart, no matter what. I'll be with her through thick and thin and I'm sure she'd do the same for me. I was saving this as a housewarming gift for America, but now seems like a good time to give it to her." he pulled out a box, and opened it- inside of it was a haircomb, in the shape of a heart, with dragonflies and ornate swirl detailing inside. I was overwhelmed- all I could do was wrap my arms around him, and kiss him. I knew now I could trust him- I knew we'd be forever...