Chapter 6

Dinner went by as it usually did, no new conversation, no new gossip, just the usual banter and chatter. Just as I finished my third meal, I felt the urge to vomit. I quickly asked to be excused, and left the table to go to the bathroom. Nothing happened- however, the next morning I felt unbearable nauseous and vomited once or twice.

I'd decided to spend the day with James, so I wouldn't let it get in the way. We'd agreed to have a Turkish bath and then use the private massage rooms, we also had lunch in the Café Parisien, as he wanted a more private lunch than in the dining saloon.

"James I was hoping we could catch the air on the boat deck?" I suggested to him.

"Anything- it's our day remember."

I quickly returned to my room to grab my coat, as the breeze that day had a chill. We talked as we walked around the deck of the boat, taking in the sights and the sounds- discussing fashion and the latest gossip about other passengers. We bumped into several of our friends while we were walking, including Thomas Andrews, who was yet again trying to perfect the ships design.

"What did you do with Thomas yesterday then darling?"

"He talked me through every rivet in this ship- it was truly amazing"

"He's an amazing man." he said.

"He really is".

James put his arm around me, and kissed my cheek.

At dinner that night, we were discussing what would happen if the ship sunk.

"Well I'd go down with the ship- it's the honourable thing to do." Thomas answered.

"Well I don't know, I'd try my best to survive, if James didn't try, I wouldn't try, I'd die with him, in his arms, on that day or night." I explained

"Now that is true love" Molly remarked. James kissed me- something he'd never done in front of a group before- that was something I loved about him, he was confident, and he loved me...