Miss Riverdale

So it's now been a week since I moved to Riverdale, it's also getting close to The 4th Of July, so everywhere is all done up with banners and ribbons to represent America's Independence. I had gotten into a habit of singing and sometimes even in public.

"(Y/N)!" Archie snapped suddenly.

"What?" I replied startled.

"Veronica is having a Fourth Of July Party. She just posted the invite to the Group Chat." Archie sighed.

"Cool." I smiled a small smile and then looked away and saw Jughead look over his shoulder and smile at me.

"What's on your mind (Y/N)? You haven't been yourself recently..." Archie trailed off.

"Nothing. It's nothing." I answered quickly.

"(Y/N)-" He began.

"Attention everyone! Auditions for the next Miss Riverdale in a singing competition will be held tonight from 9-11 here." Someone announced from on stage.

"Veronica said something about doing that." Archie commented from where he sat.

"Well now you know two candidates." I smiled and rushed out of Pop's.

"(Y/N) are you sure about this?" He asked me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"(Y/N) I'm serious." He grabbed my arm and I turned to face him only inches from his face.

"Archie, there's nothing to be scared about. It's a silly competition." I laughed nervously.

"Not to Veronica Lodge. She's been Miss Riverdale because of that singing competition for 3 years straight." Archie explained to me.

"Arch-" I began.

But before I could finish his lips were on mine. And for a moment everything just stopped, like there were no cars on the road, no clouds in sky, and no birds in the trees. But he pulled away quickly and I swore I almost saw the smile on his face.

"J-Just don't do it." He said and then ran to his house.

I stood there dazed and watched him run to his house. As I stood there, Jughead came walked towards me. What does he want now? I asked myself.

"Well, well, well. Seems I was right." Jughead smirked.

"About what?" I asked him.

"You two liking each other." Jughead said.

"You're full of shit, Jug." I rolled my eyes.

"So Miss Riverdale to be does know how to cuss." He smirked.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and started walking home.

"CAREFUL THERE! YOU MAY TIP THAT CROWN OFF YOUR HEAD IF YOU'RE IN THE CLOUDS TOO LONG MISS RIVERDALE!" Jughead called after me.

"Dumbass." I muttered and rolled my eyes.

_________________

So I didn't have the slightest idea what I would sing for the competition. It didn't matter that Archie Andrews has kissed me to keep me away from singing, I would do it. I was a rebel after all. Well, sometimes.

Anyway, I went through my records collection and tried to think of The Beach Boys and The Beatles but then it hit me. Everyone else would be doing those songs, so I had to stand out. Yeah, the 60s & 70s were groovy and great but the 80s was even better. Suddenly my phone buzzed and I rushed to go check it.

Betty:
Are you doing the Miss Riverdale thing?

(Y/N):
It depends. Are you asked for yourself or for Archie Andrews?