Miss Riverdale Goes To...

So we walked back out to where everyone else was. The other girls were preparing to go on stage for the award ceremony, so we followed them up to the stage.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for staying with us this evening and helping us determine who the next winner of Miss Riverdale will be." The announcer said happily. He was greeted by clapping and some groans.

"Can we make this quick my baby is about to be born!" A high school aged boy called and then everyone started laughing, excluding the females on stage.

"Shut up Reggie!" A guy with red hair, which was lighter than Archie's yelled at the boy.

"Miss Riverdale is to be kind and good hearted. She who wins will have to uphold only the best of standards. She will win a kiss from one of Riverdale High's Varsity football players. depending on who chose them to win. She'll also win $500. So ladies and gentlemen this year's Miss Riverdale is...." the announcer said.

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)! With honorable mentions of Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge!" The announcer yelled happily.

"Oh my god!" I gasped and looked at Veronica as she smiled.

"Congrats (Y/N/N)." She smiled.

"Thank You!" I said hugging her and she hugged me back.

"So here she is ladies and gentlemen. (Y/N) (Y/L/N) do you have anything you'd like to say?" The announcer asked me and he handed me the microphone.

"Well, hello everyone and thank you for coming out to be in support of all of us. I'm surprised I was able to win this competition, the people I was working with are talented and determined so I thought I'd be off immediately." I laughed.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"Actually yes. If you're a person out there who believes you aren't attractive enough for your crush or for anyone, you are so wrong. If you're afraid of who you are, then look in the mirror and tell yourself something you love about your crush. Then look at yourself and tell yourself that same thing. And if the person you like is stupid enough to turn you away, then they aren't worth it. You don't need a crown to be considered royalty. Okay? Okay. Thank you for your time and for everyone who voted for me!" I smiled.

"Now don't forget, Miss (Y/L/N) that you're going to get a kiss from a boy out in that audience." The announcer smiled.

"It better be me." Reggie snickered.

"Shut it Reg." The red haired boy rolled his eyes.

"And the winner is Jason Blossom." The announcer called out.

"Damn it." Jason blushed and looked sweetly uncomfortable.

"Come up, don't be shy." The announcer laughed.

"Ooh look at Jason." Reggie laughed with his other football friends.

"Hey." He said once he was close enough.

"Hey." I said it back.

"I know you wanted this to be Archie." He whispered.

"Jason, that's not true." I lied.

"(Y/N) don't lie." Jason said intertwining his fingers with mine.

"Jason, I may have wanted Archie to be up here had he not hurt me so badly. Besides, I'm happy it's you." I blushed a little bit.

I'd known Jason for years, probably because we were 'cousins'. More on that part of everything later. But Jason and I had always had a weird chemistry, which the Blossom's wouldn't let us have. So we stayed away from one another most any time we got together.

"What are you two waiting for?" The announcer laughed.

  So Jason smiled at me and then we kissed and it wasn't the kind of kiss Archie had surprised me with earlier. This was a romantic and soft kind of kiss. Like that of one you'd usually dream of.

"Wow." I whispered as I smiled.

"I know." He smiled at me.

  And we were unaware that Archie was watching us. We were also unaware of what was really going on with Veronica. And we were unaware of Cheryl's crazy party that would be held tomorrow night. And that would change everything. And I mean everything.