Ch.II Last Halloween

Erin is taking some pictures of the city's landscape. She's going to miss this place a lot. She grew up here. A lot of fun memories. And sad memories too.

Her father was a soldier, died in the war in Iraq. Her mom became alcoholic after his death. And she died two years later due to liver damage.

Erin was only a student in junior high when she lost both parents. The kind townsmen helped her out. They gathered up donations so she could finish her education. And they gave her many part times jobs when she's in high school.

Erin took trainings as a hairdresser after high school. No money for college.

She would be thirty next year. Hard to fall in love with anyone here. You have known them for life. And she would never find a decent guy if she kept thinking about J.D.

This is why she has to leave this town. To find a husband and built a family. Before she's too old to give birth.

Took another picture. Oh, she really loves this town. Tuscane would always be her home no matter wherever she goes.

 Tuscane would always be her home no matter wherever she goes

Tuscane always looks peaceful. Untouched by progress. Although they do have a decent public library. They even have WiFi in a cafe downtown.

Not in Smiling Bull (Sam's diner), though. He opposed wifi.

He always says, "Talk to the ones next to you while waiting for your meal. Don't get addicted to your phone."

After all, Sam is still old school.

Erin goes to public library to return some books.

Todd the librarian says, "Don't go, Erin. You could just marry me."

"Sorry, Todd. I just can't. I love you. Not in a romantic way."

It's his tenth proposal in the last five years. It means he proposed twice a year. They are close since high school. Her best friend.

Todd isn't exactly bad-looking. Average looking guy, tall and a bit too skinny. Too bad her heart has chosen his big brother, J.D.

Todd sighs.

He says, "You still can't forget him. It's been years, Erin. He kissed you when he's drunk."

"I know, I know. J.D never felt anything for me."

"He's a coward. He never dated anyone else since the bitter ending with Marissa."