Ch.III Peace on Earth

Coming home for Christmas!

Erin really misses her friends back home. She has been gone for almost two months.

Her co-workers treat her well despite her lack of abilities. She never do bonding hair till she got to San Francisco. Her main duty is giving a lot of manicure and pedicure in daily life. Or preparing supplies and stuffs for other workers. In short, a trainee in progress.

Well, Erin isn't too disappointed. She still needs a lot of learning.

Wonder how the others are doing right now? Ling never said much on phone. Never a talkative person. And J.D...

Erin shakes her head. She went away to forget him. Don't think about him again. She's giving her heart a strong warning.

Traffic jam! A lot of folks are leaving San Francisco today

Traffic jam! A lot of folks are leaving San Francisco today. Erin sighs. She should have taken a bus instead of renting a car.

Life won't get easier. You just have to get tougher.

A friend once said to her.

Wonder what is he doing now? They have lost contact for years.

They got directed to highway 1. To Mendocino. She sighs. It will take three extra hours in normal traffic to reach Tuscane from Mendocino.

In this snail speed?

It will take forever to reach her hometown, Tuscane.

Well, if life gave you sweet apples, you bake apple pie. If life gave you sour lemons, you make lemonade.

That's what Mayor Thomas always said. A human should just adapted to whatever circumstances he's in.

It has been years since she passed Mendocino.

Why not enjoy this side trip?

Mendocino is a small town North of San Francisco. Populations only around 900 persons. Most of them are artists and writers. It has impressive art galleries despite its small populations.

A twisting, winding route through mountain passes.Sometimes the route is no bigger than country lanes. Vertiginous cliffs and verdant farmlands decorated the route toward Mendocino. But it's totally worth it.

This city is like a small hidden jewel. Many Victorian styles old houses are still intact. B&B surrounded with Rose garden. White picket fences. New England style redwood water towers. This place would really look amazing in springtime. Too bad it's wintertime.

Terrible traffic jam ahead. She won't be going anywhere.

Why not go sightseeing for now?

Erin parked her car. A pizza store "Frankie's".

Why not?

She goes in and orders a pizza.

Tasty pizza. For a woman, she does eat a lot. Erin rubs her full belly. She will regret it later. She orders a cup of hot cappuccino on the go.