Ch.VII Not ready to die

It's a new year. She should have been celebrating it with her friends. Not running from hungry Zombies.

She doesn't know how long she had been fleeing from them. It could have been two days, it could have been five days.

Erin is gasping for fresh air. Just fled safely from another zombie.

She's tired and hungry. Her bag is almost empty. She has bought some delicious pastries from San Francisco. For her friends in Tuscane. Now she has eaten almost all of them. Only few chocolate bars left.

She stares around. There's a house over there. It looks empty, abandoned. Few flyers are posted on its front door.The owner probably has gone on vacation since Christmas.

Should I try my luck or not?

Her belly is growling. And she grabs a huge rock from the ground. Wrapping her hand with her jacket, she smashes the glass window. Breaking entry as a thief. Straight for the kitchen.

Water from the tap. She drinks it eagerly. Then she refills her water bottle. Found some cheese in the fridge. Two bottles of milk. A week after expire date. Well, she'll worried about it later.

She takes them all. Only leaving wilted, fungus covered carrots in the fridge.

Erin begins to open  the drawers. Some canned foods and beef jerky. She grabs all of them and stashes them into her backpack. Not bad for looting someone's house.

Spaghetti!

God, this is a miracle!

Erin quickly cooks the spaghetti. The smell of it made her mouth watered. She hasn't eaten anything warm for days.

Her tears start to fall down when she's eating her meal.

Would things ever be back to normal? Or all of them would be dead in the end? Eaten by zombies?

Erin yawns.

She's sleepy. Hadn't slept for days. She goes upstairs. And she crashes into a bedroom. Fluffy pillow. Comfortable bed. Maybe she has died and went to heaven.

Water is dripping to her face.

Is it raining? Did she just dream of finding a house?

Erin slowly opens her eyes. Sharp teeth are getting closer to her face. She pushes him as hard as she could.

A Zombie! Here!

She kept pushing but the hideous creature is far stronger than her. Saliva is dripping down to her face. She turns her face away so she wouldn't drink it by accident. Everyone knows blood and saliva are the carrier for the zombie virus.

And she notices something on a bedside table. Erin grabs it and hits the zombie's head with the alarm clock. Some rotten flesh has fallen from it's head. Erin kicks him away.

The zombie falls down and groans a little. Erin looks around. Her escape route is blocked. She couldn't reach the door.

The zombie has risen back on it's feet again. Erin grabs a nearby baseball bat and smashes it to his rotten head. The head cracked and the zombie falls to the floor again. Its body is trembling as if it had a seizure.

Erin doesn't wait until the Zombie rises again. She grabs her bag and quickly leaves the spot. One of her hands is still holding the bat.

She goes back to the kitchen to grab more weapons. Stealing all the knives in the drawers.

More eerie sounds from outdoors. She takes a peek.

Zombies!

Hundreds of them are heading this way!