~~~27~~~

I stare down at the menu not knowing what to order while my stomach rumbles. "I sure am hungry but I can't find something that I would want to eat and going crazy on ordering foods was just a joke so you don't need to worry about anything" Dale just gives me his usual nod with his quirky smile.

"I think, I'll just order some eggs with bacon, hashbrowns, and pancakes of course on the side" Dale sets down his menu to take a drink of his water meanwhile I stare out the window to see furs walking by on the sidewalk until Dale waves his hand in front of my faces. "What? Oh, sorry I was dozing off just thinking of things for some reason but I think I might order what you're having as well except I'll get sausage links instead of bacon 'cause that's what I've been craving" I drink my orange juice that the waiter brought by.

"Hey uh, Felix? Where are you going to college? I was hoping that maybe we would've been able to go to the same college ya know? Maybe become that cliche couple? Although life isn't some fantasy" Dale slumps down in his seat sipping his coffee. "You know I would do anything for you or I'll try my best to do so but I got accepted to Cal Art's and I worked my ass off trying to get in that place" I lift Dale's chin up.

"You'll be able to visit me right? I'm gonna just be like maybe a six-hour drive away from you" Dale perks up to look at me, looking to see if I will say yes to his question. "Yes, Dale. I'll go to visit you, I hope distance doesn't break us apart ya know?" I intertwine his hands with my paws.

"We won't break up, I promise" I stare at him hoping to dear god or to whatever there is in this world nothing bad will happen to us. We let go of each other when the steaming pancakes are set down in front of me along with the rest of our food.

Dale and I start to at first eat our meal at a nice pace until we both just decided not to care and devour our food like if we haven't eaten in years. "Okay, I'm done and I have to say that I am pretty stuffed" I lean back in the seat relaxing rubbing my stomach until Dale finishes his plate. "Yea that was good even though it was something so simple"

I pay for our breakfast lucky enough cause I knew Dale would have fought me for the bill knowing he hates it when I spend my money on him. "You really had to push me on the floor to pay didn't you!" Dale grumbles getting in the driver's seat as I join him sitting on the passenger's side. "Oh C'mon! Stop being such a grumpy grump like sheesh I paid no big deal, next time I'm sure you'll be able to pay" I rub his cheek as I can see him trying to hold his anger.

"God your bad at trying to be angry at me just give it up" within half an hour we get home. "Okay fine! You win! I honestly can't ever be mad at you! Hmph!" Dale goes inside all grumpy like. "Such a pup," I tell myself giggling as I unload the car getting zero help from Dale.

"Thanks for the help!" I come inside with both our bags, trying to pull Dales despite it being fairly heavy. "Dale? Where are you?" I set the bags down in the living room confused on where he would have gone. "Uh...? Okay? I'll just let him sleep if he is in bed" I go to his room checking and sure enough he's there laying. "Welp! I got nothing better to do so gaming time!" I go over to Dale's console firing up one of his games hoping it's simple enough for me to understand and grasp easily.

I spent from only what I can make out to be four hours playing without having had some sort of break to eat a snack or going to the bathroom. Dale comes walking down the stairs stretching. "What time is it?" I don't pay attention to what he asks me as I have his headset on yelling into the mic on what the other the other team's defenses are like until I die, so I slam the headset on the pillow cursing. "Oh! You're finally awake! Shit that took you long enough but wait where are you, parents? It's pretty late one of them should've been home by now, right? I mean I could be wrong but I am just asking you"

"You're right? They are late? My mom usually gets home before my dad does, wait! I see his car but not her's?" Me and Dale wait for his father to come inside as welcome him home but wanting to ask him if he's seen her anytime today.

"What? I don't know. I messaged her if she wanted to have takeout today for dinner but no response so I would've just guessed she was busy or maybe her phone died today" Dale's father shrugs going into the kitchen to get himself something to eat.

"Dale don't worry she's a strong woman! Whatever it was, I'm pretty sure she can handle it no problem! Just to make sure we'll drive to work to see if anyone has seen her leave or anything, okay?" Dale looks over to his dad's direction than to mine. "Okay sounds like a plan, Dad! Me and Felix are going out to get a few things! Do you need or want anything?"

"What I would want is for you to not to yell!" Dale rolls his eyes while getting inside the car. "Just don't bother him maybe he's a bit worried about your mom as well" Dale drives us to his moms work seeing a hospital. "What is she? A doctor? Nurse?"

"She's a doctor but that's beside the point" I go to the front desk as the women there already know who I am. "Hi, Suzanne and Mary! Have you both happen to see my mom? She didn't come home yet, so I was just wondering cause it's not like her usually she has things planned and written out.

One of them answer. "Sweetie she left like three hours ago with some Labrador and I'd have to say that fur was pretty fine looking. That's all I know sorry" Dale looks at her as if what she just told him were pure lies so I take it to be my cue to take him out of there and outside.

"Is she cheating on my dad? If so for how long? Does she somehow have maybe another kid? That explains her lie of having to go to Europe for work" Dale looks at me while air-quoting the word work.

"I don't know what to tell you, Dale, just let's wait and see" I take us to a bench sitting down to look up at the moon.

Damn, I'm sorry guys for not having written anything lately just got lazy plus I guess life got in the way sometimes. BUT! Y'ALL SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS DANK PERSON King_Squishy