Chapter 2: Getting On My Nerves

Edited chapter

***

In life, you have two choices: to be practical or to pursue your passion. Some people will always sacrifice one choice for the other without knowing that they can choose both.

Mr. Anderson's thoughts are filled with regrets and frustrations.

The thoughts of my classmates are insensitive towards our teacher without knowing the opportunity that he gave up just to stand right in front of us. They already resented him for already giving us projects, assignments, and upcoming quizzes.

Mr. Anderson's frustrations are vented out by giving his students a hard time.

I should hate him, right? But I can't.

The bell ringed and Colton got saved from an oral recitation about Odyssey's journeys.

Sebastian's friends approached him. He looked relief that he can finally be reunited with them.

"She's your seatmate, huh?" Jordan said. He's Colton's best friend and he's also known for being a Casanova.

"Yeah..." Sebastian shrugged. "What about it?"

"Haven't you heard?" Colton looked surprised. "She's the famous criminal's daughter."

"She is?" Sebastian looked at me and I looked away. Can they just leave the room already?

"I hope she doesn't get on your nerves, Sebastian." Samantha said.

I was about to leave my seat but I dropped my notebook on the floor. I was about to get it but Sebastian got my notebook first.

Sebastian's hazel eyes gazed at me. He must be thinking about something but I am not able to hear his thoughts.

What's on your mind, Sebastian? Why can't I hear your thoughts?

"You're a bit clumsy, aren't you?" He said.

"Can I have my notebook back?" I asked.

"Crap...I'm sorry." He gave the notebook back. For a split second, his hand touched my hand.

"Don't waste your time for a notebook, Lewis." Colton annoyingly said. "Let's go."

I looked at Sebastian. Why does he look so bothered?

I diverted my attention towards Mr. Anderson.

I approached him before he can exit the room. I am not a big fan of confrontations but I just can't allow him to live a life with regret.

Mr. Anderson's brows furrowed. He wasn't pleased that I blocked his way.

"Weren't you taught by your parents that it is rude to block someone's way?" He cockily said.

I have probably pissed him off already and I haven't even said a single word. I mustered all the confidence that I have in me and I hugged him.

He looked surprised and so was I.

"What the hell?" He mumbled.

"I thought you needed a hug." I said. My cheeks turned red.

Mr. Anderson couldn't say a word. He pushed me away.

"What is wrong with you?!" He yelled. My knees trembled out of fear. What should I say next?

"I...Uh..." I stuttered.

"Well?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"It's never too late...to have a life that you really want."