Chapter 22: The Bonus Chapter

Hello! I feel like I owe you guys a bonus chapter since I have been inactive for a year :O it's actually quite a shock that there are some readers who kept on asking me when I'm going to update even though I was very inactive. I am truly touched because I have been so uninspired lately. So, this chapter is for all of you guys who waited patiently for my update :)

This is still about Sean. Let us know more about the troubled brother of Sebastian Lewis.

***
January, 2018

"Richard Peabody died at the age of 56.

At 1:15 am, the self-made billionaire passed away at his Calabasas mansion after suffering from cardiac arrest. Rumors has been circulated that Mr. Peabody's eldest daughter, Allison Peabody will take over the business.

Is this the end of a new era or the beginning of a new empire?"

I turned the TV off and continued smoking my weed. So the old man finally died, huh? I thought he already died when he neglected me as his son.

I admit that when I was younger, I hoped that my dad would come to me and ask for my forgiveness but I was just a kid... I didn't know much about Dad. I didn't know he was really capable to neglect me until his remaining days.

I stood up from bed and I opened my table's drawer. It has been 13 years but I didn't have the courage to read the letter that Mom made for Dad.

Lily was able to retrieve the letter and the pictures. She said I should have it because it's the only proof that I am my dad's son.

It's funny that I am not afraid of everything and yet I couldn't bring myself on opening the letter.

If I ever read the letter, will my hate grow stronger or will I finally close this chapter in my life?

"Mind if I come in?" Mom said. She already gave up on me a long time ago. Seeing me smoking weed isn't the worst thing that she caught me doing. "Your father passed away, Sean."

I paused and looked at her. She couldn't look at me straight in the eye. Is she going to tell me the truth? After all this time?! Is she really going to tell me just because my dad passed away?!

"I know that you and Shaun's relationship ended up badly, Mom... but killing him while he's alive is a heartless thing to do." I said.

"I wasn't talking about Shaun. I was talking about..."

"Richard Peabody." I cut her off. "It took you twenty one years to tell me that?!" I raised my voice and she was a little frightened at me. I couldn't hurt my Mom but I am frustrated at everything. Forgive me if I ever raise my hand on you, Mom.

"How... since when?" Mom stuttered.

"Since I was eight." I snapped. "And your son went into his office and begged him to be his dad but you know what he did?! He neglected me!"

"I'm sorry..." Mom started crying and she knelt right in front of me. "I'm so sorry..."

"Cut the crap, Mom. You were never really sorry." My voice started to crack. This is why I hate being sober... it makes me feel things. It makes me feel weak and I don't want remind myself on what I've been through when I was younger.

I was about to leave my room but my mom stopped me by holding my leg.

"I was just protecting you from getting hurt, Sean."

"Well... you failed." I pushed her away and I went out the house. I don't need this bullshit.

***
I looked at the kids running around the park with their parents. How does it feel like to be loved without forcing them to love you? I grew up in a family that I have to try my best or else I'll be compared to Sebastian but no matter how hard I try, he'll always win even if he isn't doing anything. I did everything until I was tired for them to love me back.