Chapter 12: New Beginnings

Sebastian and I rushed into the hospital. He was also devastated when he heard the news about Cecilia. They were so close with one another and the fact that they will never talk about Teen Titans or any other cartoon network characters saddened him.

Sebastian parked his car at the parking lot. He was about to turn off his engine when he realize that I was covering my ears and I was shaking.

"Raven? What's wrong?" I can hear them, Sebastian. I can hear them. I can hear every one's thoughts. I can hear their pain, anger, frustrations and disappointments. I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to tell him what's really wrong with me but I lost Cecilia. I don't wanna lose Sebastian too.

"I'm just... not feeling well."

"Let's go see a doctor since we're here."

"They'll just think I'm insane." I secretly went to a psychiatrist when I was thirteen. I was hoping that she can help me but it turns out, she doesn't understand me. She thinks I'm in lot of stress and I'm close to going insane.

"I'm concern about you, Raven. Before, I thought you're just weird but there is really something wrong with you." No, Sebastian. Nothing is wrong with me. You're the problem. Why couldn't I read your thoughts?

"Thanks for the concern but I really wanna see Cecilia now." Even if I'm denying it, but I am unconsciously pushing Sebastian away from me and I am hurting his feelings. I am too selfish. I am only thinking about my feelings.

Sebastian turned off his engine and he unbuckled his seatbelt. Before I can unbuckle mine, he kissed me on the cheeks.

Ten seconds kiss on my forehead...

"I'm here for you, Rae." He unbuckled my seatbelt and I touched my forehead... It is surprisingly warm.

I took courage and forced myself to ignore the thoughts that I have been hearing just for Cecilia. We went inside Cecilia's room and there I saw her mother embracing her lifeless daughter. Stella was there standing near her bed. She saw me and I don't need to read her thoughts to know what she's feeling right now. She's blaming herself for not saving her. She thought that she didn't do enough to save her. I approached my mother and I hugged her tight. She was caught by surprise but she genuinely hugged me back. I know it's hard to be a doctor and I'm proud of her for never giving up on her patients. She's truly a wonder woman.

I let go of Stella and I looked at Cecilia. Her eyes are close and it seems like she is in peace. She conquered her battle and maybe the reward of her success is to be in the hands of God and no one can ever harm her. Cecilia, you are our guardian angel now.

I approached Cecilia's mother and I took her by surprise when I hugged her. "Before Stella came into my life, I never had a mother who cares for me. I'm glad that before Cecilia left, she experienced a mother's love." I said.

"You are loved by your mother, Raven." She looked at Stella and smiled. I am always lucky to have her as my mother right now. Always will.

Sebastian offered me a cup of coffee. It's 1am in the morning and we're sitting at the corner of the room. I wonder how many patients died in this room. I know Cecilia passed away but it seems like this room doesn't give bad vibes. I know for a fact that before Cecilia left, she gave us good memories.

"Here's the house key." Stella handed it to me. "You need to go home and rest."

"How about you?" I asked. I know she hasn't been sleeping well and it worries me.

"I'm okay. I'm more worried about you. Your dad left town for some convention. Is it okay for you to stay at home?"

"I'll be fine." I lied. Before, it was okay for me to be alone but then things have changed. It seems better to be surrounded by people who cares for you.