Chapter 23: Hide and Seek

Now we're back to Raven's POV :)

***

Emily and Susan are at the police station to file a case against Sean. I know it was painful for Susan's part to find out about Sean's abuse to Emily but she realized that it's time for Sean to face all the crimes that he have done not only to Emily but to the rest of the people that he have scarred especially his own brother, Sebastian.

As for Selena and Sebastian, their relationship is broken and it'll take a while before she forgives him. It was heartbreaking for Selena that all the men in her life broke her heart. It was painful for her because while Sebastian ran away and Sean left, she was the one who protected her mother's heart but no one protected hers. I'm pretty sure that Selena will come by and when that time comes, she'll be ready to forgive Sebastian and hopefully Sean too.

If Selena is broken because of the heartbreaks she got from the men in her life and Sebastian is haunted by his past because of Sean, then who's the reason why Sean turned out to be the person he is right now?

If only I can be with him alone. If only I can further read his deepest and saddest thoughts, then maybe I can prevent him causing more trouble? If only...

I shook my head and snapped back into reality.

Sebastian and I are at my place. We are babysitting Eva. The both of us decided to nickname her Eva because it was too exhausting to pronounce her name.

"For a week old, Eva sure has thick hair." Mom said. She was holding Eva. When she found out that we're bringing a baby, she jumped into joy. She never really had a baby because she adopted me when I was eight years old.

"Let me take a picture of you with Eva." Dad cheerfully said. Okay, I admit that both of them are very excited when I brought a baby home and they are actually the one who's babysitting Eva because they immediately took her away from my arms when I arrived.

"So when are you going to give us a grandchild, Raven?" Mom asked. My Dad's eyes widened and Sebastian choked. "I mean, we aren't getting any younger and as you can see, we are in need of a baby to distract our attention."

"Mom!" I scolded her but she just laughed at me.

"We can actually do that right now if you want, Mrs. Lewis." Sebastian said. Dad glared at him and I swear his face turned red. "I'm kidding."

Dad took a deep breath and exhaled. It seems like he isn't ready to be a grandfather yet. Mom just laughed at them and my face is still red because I am embarrassed to have Sebastian around. His remark was really unnecessary.

Eva made a face. Sebastian looked at me and I looked at him back. Something is wrong with Eva.

"Is there a poo-poo on your diaper, Eva?" Mom sniffed her diaper and with the look she's giving at us, indeed Eva has a poo-poo.

"So what are you waiting for, Sebastian. Go and change Eva's diaper." Dad said.

"You know what; I realized that Raven and I aren't really ready to be parents yet." Sebastian said. Dad laughed at him.

"I thought so." Dad muttered. "Come on, love. Let's change Eva's diaper."

My parents went upstairs to change Eva's diapers. I didn't know that it takes two people to change a child's diaper but then again, they never had a baby. So, changing Eva's diaper is their first time and I hope they won't have a hard time changing it.

Sebastian wrapped his hands around me and I couldn't help but feel intoxicated by his scent.

"You were great, Raven. You saved a life." He let me go and I looked at him confused.